Repeating key words from one quote to next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeating key words from one quote to next

Recalling discussions in quote comments, I know other players have sometimes noticed an unusual key word from one quote -- or even an unusual word from the quote's comments box -- appearing again in the very next quote. I've seen this happen frequently enough to indicate that quote selection may not be entirely random and that selection may be affected by common key words.

What's interesting is that this phenomenon can be a useful tool for solving. Who out there has found this to be true? Any remarkable examples?

I'll open with the repeating word I got just now, which inspired me to start this topic.

In the comments column for the quote I had just solved, I wrote a comment that ended with the word "barbarians." I clicked "enter" to post my comment. Then I clicked on "play" and got a new puzzle, which I solved, and here is the solved quote: "America is the greatest, freest and most decent society in existence. It is an oasis of goodness in a desert of cynicism and barbarism." — Dinesh D'Souza

So I think "barbarism" was picked up from my typing the word "barbarians" in my previous quote's comment box.

Has this happened to you?

I haven't noticed your particular situation, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just that I haven't paid attention. I HAVE learned over my many years here that sometimes I get several quotes one after the other with the same "base". For example, one stupid bart simpson quote leads to another, or a Jerry Coleman quote will multiply itself. That also happens with "old world" quotes where "thee" and "thy" are used. Sometimes the previous quote suggests the key for the next.

Comment

I've noticed the same thing. I see uncommon words being repeated from quote to quote. It does not happen all the time, but often enough... It can make solving easier.

Comment

Working...
      X