No announcement yet.

Difficulty Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as we're commenting on the star system, I've always had problems with putting "edgy" in the same category as "offensive". Edgy can mean clever, not just "on the border of good taste". I wonder how many so-called offensive quotes were removed because people rated them high for being somewhat rude but funny.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerSmurf View Post
      As long as we're commenting on the star system, I've always had problems with putting "edgy" in the same category as "offensive". Edgy can mean clever, not just "on the border of good taste". I wonder how many so-called offensive quotes were removed because people rated them high for being somewhat rude but funny.
      i've always thought the same thing. i don't think of edgy as a synonym of offensive--i think of it as offbeat, out of the ordinary, or wickedly funny.

Comment

One more thing about the difficulty stars - if the solving rate is less than 10%, it means that most of the people who found the quote extremely hard never got the chance to give it any stars at all.

Comment

For Lurker

"He whose inclination prompts him to cultivate your friendship of his own accord will love you more than one whom you have been at pains to attach to you."
          — Samuel Johnson

Lurker on 2012-09-26 14:41:53
          So not fair that an "easy" one has a 14.8% solve rate.

The new system has this rated as "difficult" now.
          "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X