Upgrade popup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade popup?

Does anyone else have the subscribe advertisement pop up after every puzzle? I adore this site but do have a very strict budget, so sadly I cannot upgrade. However, is there a way to stop it from showing after every puzzle?

Puffer, do you have a popup ad blocker in effect? If you do, you need to add www.cryptograms.org to your list of exceptions to the ad blocker. In my experience, the "Subscribe" ad came up only when I was blocking the popup ads. When I added this site to my exceptions list, thus allowing the ads to appear, the "Subscribe" ads stopped appearing with every window.

The site is set up so that if you can't or don't want to pay for a subscription, you will instead have to allow ads to load onto every page. Basically, you can't play for free -- you pay either with money or with your willingness to see ads.

Lisa

Comment

Ah I do. I've been using it so long I sometimes don't remember I have a blocker. I'll add this to my whitelist asap!

Comment

I'm retired and also on a very strict control of expenses. I guess it depends on how much you play and how much it means to you to be able to play free of ads. It's getting close to Christmas and that's a great time to tell family members what you might want.
        Only YOU can decide if this is relevant to you, and if it's something you'd appreciate and notice almost every day.
        My first ad-free year was a gift, and now I make sure that I have the funds to continue it as I found the ads a horrible distraction to solving the cryptograms, and I find my joy and relaxation in solving them.
        Hope this might help!

Comment

I might ask for an upgrade as a gift. I have added this site to my whitelist and found I still have the popup, but I will live with it. Small price for a free site I love.

Comment

Puffer, I'm so glad you're MOSTLY loving this site! I've been here so long I feel like a grandparent. Happy solving to you.

Comment

A long time ago (maybe 5 years) I asked for this as a Mothers day gift. Since then I just renew it each year. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

Upgrade popup?

I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser, and not too long ago I found that if I play using private browsing, the ads are blocked so I cannot see them. I still get the pop-up, however, and the puzzles are still laid out in the typical fashion as when you play with ads. (for a very short time, I was ad free due to a glitch in an ad, and Steven gave me a week ad free so he could fix the problem. During that time, I became aware that when you don't have ads popping up, your puzzles stretch out across the screen more so that there are more words per line and less lines. That was nice! Definitely made me able to go faster!) Either way, I love the site and I love playing here, ads or not, but they do slow you down a bit. Try private browsing, folks, and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

or, if you can afford it, go ahead and become a "premium member" to help support the site!

Comment

Upgrade popup?

Oh, I would love to, WV, but I live alone and have a very tight budget. Maybe one day...

Comment

every time I complete a puzzle , I have to blow up a tank before it takes a shot at me. Oh well, small price to pay........

Comment

that's just weird!

Comment

it's an ad for world of tanks. an elk comes out from behind an old building, goes back behind the building, then a tank comes out and,if you don't take it out first, takes a shot at you. I don't know why I get this ad, I don't even play war games. but it appears after every game. I ignored it at first. but now I blow that sucker up whenever it appears

Comment

that's one of the funniest things i've heard about this site!!

Comment

That's wild! All the ads I ever see on Puzzle Baron sites are about awful-looking vacations, teeth whiteners, and the importance of stucco remediation.

Comment

Working...
                              X