• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabela's ad for fire arms.

I would like to see it go away.

Originally posted by fishbum View Post
    I would like to see it go away.
    If that's the case, let's get rid of any ads about helmets, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, seat belts and other things used to protect human lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainelyquotes View Post
      If that's the case, let's get rid of any ads about helmets, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, seat belts and other things used to protect human lives.
      Cabela's should sell seatbelts to keep hunters secure in their deer stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanne View Post
        Cabela's should sell seatbelts to keep hunters secure in their deer stands.
        They do sell tree stand harnesses. Seriously, it is a safety issue

Comment

Cabela

Guns have very little to do with protecting human lives.

In 2012, across the nation there were only 259 justifiable homicides involving a private citizen using a firearm reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program as detailed in its Supplementary Homicide Report (SHR). That same year, there were 8,342 criminal gun homicides tallied in the SHR. In 2012, for every justifiable homicide in the United States involving a gun, guns were used in 32 criminal homicides. And this ratio, of course, does not take into account the tens of thousands of lives ended in gun suicides or unintentional shootings that year

Comment

Getting back to fishbum's original complaint, send Admin an email, ideally with a screen shot. He buys ads in packages and does not have control over the content, but is generally sympathetic to anything offensive or that pops up over game play. Ads are regional, so it's likely only your area is seeing it. Want my Shen-Yun's that have been running for two weeks?

Comment

Those things are not used to TAKE human lives.

Comment

This is a ludicrous analogy, The purpose of guns is specifically TAKE lives. Gun nuts are never going to convince decent people they are right when they engage in this kind of smug, dishonest, anti-empathetic rhetoric.

I am a 2nd Amendment absolutist, but it's important to be honest about what they do. Guns exist to kill people.

Comment

hey folks......

This a "game site"....for better or worse! We all have our opinions about politics and guns and a TON of other stuff. But do we really want to make this the place to debate all those issues?? Isn't this site about solving puzzles, and having some fun while doing it?
                  I might not participate in them, but I know there are a lot of on-line sites that really WANT those opinions from you.
                  We're far more alike than we're different. AND THIS IS A GAME SITE!!I
                  I PLAY because I enjoy it and playing helps to keep my mind active and inquisitive and working.
                  Instead of taking every comment as a "challenge" to your beliefs, can you not just "put it back on the quote? Work out the "time-frame" it came from?
                  I really don't think I'm asking for that much, people!
                  We all need to have some respect for this "game" and respect for each other.!!!

Comment

Cabela's ad

Ads on the site are a valid subject for discussion. You certainly have the right to ignore any discussions that you think veer into the political.

Both those on the left and those on the right make comments on quotes expressing an ideology as well. That is their right as well.

Since you are focused on the game and aspects thereof, you might be best served by ignoring comments and forum posts that do not seem clearly and directly game related.

Now personally, I've owned guns, and in fact still own a hunting rifle that I've loaned my deer hunting nephew. I'm not looking to ban guns. I do want to see more reasonable regulations regarding guns. I'm sure you don't wish to hear those however.

Enjoy your gaming and just ignore those of us who stray into political topics.

Comment

Everyone of course has the right to express any opinion they want, either in the comments or in the forum. But I agree with gryhnd51's sentiment that we might be better served by remembering that this is a puzzle site, and focusing first on enjoying the experience of solving these puzzles.

Comment

I also support Gryhnd51's sentiments. Debates on politics and religion often bring out the worst in people, and many of the comments make me cringe. It's hit and run, really, because you never know whether or when you'll solve the same puzzle again.

Left, right, center, doesn't matter. Civility is the keynote. It's easy to attack people (and politicians) we will never see in person. Also, far as I can tell, no one's mind is changed; everyone just digs in their heels and shouts a little louder.

Comment

Munchiet,You are a very wise person.

Comment

When dreaming, I am wise. Aren't we all?

In waking life, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                            X