Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two questions from rather a newcomer to this ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza

Garlic herb stuffed crust pizza?

Comment

The more difficult the puzzle, the better the score, even when the harder puzzles take longer to solve. I have had scores as low as 10 points. Those puzzles took me forever to do. But I still carry 100% on my monthly scores. I must solve a puzzle. This may be my COPD.
      Oh; what time do we eat?

Comment

I always go for 100% too, no matter how long it takes me. Once it took me a week to solve a puzzle, I almost didn't sleep and went partially insane. It was “Love thy neighbor, but pull not down thy hedge.” I shudder just remembering it. Anyway, 10 points is the lowest possible score, the countdown stops at 10.

About the disappearing and reappearing letters - I saw that behavior too, sometimes you see as available letters the ones that you already used. It's simply a glitch - I once saw an announcement that it was fixed, but apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by YorkiesRule View Post
          I always go for 100% too, no matter how long it takes me. Once it took me a week to solve a puzzle, I almost didn't sleep and went partially insane. It was “Love thy neighbor, but pull not down thy hedge.” I shudder just remembering it. Anyway, 10 points is the lowest possible score, the countdown stops at 10.

About the disappearing and reappearing letters - I saw that behavior too, sometimes you see as available letters the ones that you already used. It's simply a glitch - I once saw an announcement that it was fixed, but apparently not.
          Thanks! At least I know I'm not seeing things.

Comment

you can fix it...sorta!

Originally posted by Queethebean View Post
            I'm not a newbie, but I have had a question for as long as I have been on this site---thought I'd jump on here and finally ask! When I'm solving, I see the letters I use disappear from the "letter bank" below the puzzle. But then sometimes, and I believe it is when I add a wrong letter, ALL the letters seem to reappear. But then again, I'm not sure this happens every time. I just can't figure it out. I am guessing this has been addressed elsewhere, but I'm very curious.
            quee, i asked about this in chat some years ago--i got several unhelpful responses (like how they had never noticed it so i must be wrong), but the best response i received was how to temporarily fix it--i don't know who gave me this tip, but i thank you!

the glitch usually happens when you enter a letter, realize it's the wrong one, delete it, and notice that instead of only that one letter returning to the "letters remaining" cache, many other letters go along with it. (the letters don't disappear from your puzzle, though!) this generally only matters to you when you're stumped, and really need to know which letters haven't yet been used!

here's what you can do to correct the cache: let's say you've correctly entered the letter A in your puzzle, but notice that it is also still in the "letters remaining" cache. place your cursor over the letter A in your puzzle and retype the letter A on top of it. that's it! you should now have a corrected list of "letters remaining."

you will have to repeat this action as needed until you finish the puzzle, but at least it works to reinstate the proper remaining letters each time you do it. (i usually start cursing if i have to do it more than twice...)

this particular glitch has been occurring since i started playing in 2012, so i've given up on it ever being fixed!

Comment

Working...
            X