Adding a Link in a Comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Link in a Comment

I've seen people post links in the comments for some cryptograms, usually youtube or other relevant site. How do you do so. I just attempted to use bbcode {text}to post a link, but I have no idea if it worked, at least till I do that puzzle again. I've only done a few puzzles more than once, and have only seen a previous comment once. This could be a very long time. Again, how should a link be formatted so it will show up as clickable in the comments section.

Hi MadDoctor -

You don't need to add any code to format the link. Simply paste in the complete URL for the page you want to link to, and then when your comment appears, the URL you pasted in will appear as the clickable word "(link)".

Two notes:
    - Don't add anything after the URL. If you do, that extra typing might be included in the text that's converted to a link, and then the link will be incorrect. (I've learned this from experience.)
    - When you share a YouTube video, be sure to copy the "youtu.be" link that YouTube provides when you click "Share" under the video (rather than copying the URL from your browser). The "Share" URL that YouTube provides is set up to be readable by any device.

Comment

It will probably be a year or more before I want to post another link. Hopefully, I will be able to find this post then. I've seen plenty of your posts and have been entertained by them.

Comment

Working...
      X