Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trotsky's quote about "technique" on 12/18/2018.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trotsky's quote about "technique" on 12/18/2018.

My comment on the quote was cut off by my hitting Enter instead of Shift. Be that as it may, I want to finish it because it might help me. (This was about my disastrous High School French Horn performance due to insufficient rehearsal.) I felt humiliated and have a repeated memory of it to this day. I'm pretty sure it doesn't rise to the level of PTSD from watching your wartime buddy get killed in a ghastly way. But that doesn't help much.

Is that quote 'Technique is noticed most markedly ....'?
    I can't put myself right in your shoes, but I have had experiences that give me a combination of goose bumps and momentary mild nausea when I recall them, and I feel like my nose is being rubbed in them, sort of.
    When I look back on high school, I don't remember anyone doing anything really humiliating besides me. Surely those things happened, though, to other people. Being human, and especially being human and in high school, just marks one for humiliation.
    If I can't recall other people being humiliated, then our audience for our humiliations probably doesn't have the memory we have, even though the experiences were and are very real, horrible moments for us. Usually I like people to care about me, but in this kind of situation, I'm just as happy to know that they don't care about me as much as I do.

Comment

Thank you. I'll re-read your reply to help myself when I want a boost.

Comment

Oh, and yes, that is the quote.

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Working...
          X