"Would you like to try another cryptogram?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Would you like to try another cryptogram?"

now i'm getting the "Would you like to try another cryptogram?" page when i solve a puzzle, instead of the results page. it has happened several times tonight--weird.

a few people have mentioned this in chat recently and i wasn't sure what was meant, but now i know!

and gee, how can one possibly see the baron fly in when they break a record when this is happening? (like i have to worry much about that!)

can the puzzle baron look into this, please? thanks, stephen!

Hi, West Virginia Lady --

So I'm not really here.

But...

Back in the day, when I might start a few bedtime cryptos at 10:00 pm and knock off solving by the dawn's early light (how's that for total concentration on nonessential detail) --

This happened to me often ... probably because I would get impatient and hit ENTER twice. You know how cryptograms often double load? Seems to be the same thing happening at the other end. So, yes, you've missed the results page and the comments, but you do get credit for solving it.

Hope this helps.

(and pay no attention to that drive-by behind the curtain)

Comment

interestingly, the first time this happened, i knew i had accidentally hit enter twice--like you i thought that was the answer. i later tested it (hit enter twice on purpose) and didn't get the same result. didn't happen again for a few weeks until this recent spate, and i know i'm not "double entering" all these times. that's why i thought i'd bring it to stephen's attention.

Comment

Hmm (still here), and you're wanting to keep 100 percent solved, while I was a drive-by speed maniac discarding two out of every ten cryptograms.

So for me, it didn't matter. For you, missing one solve would be huge.

Let's see what Stephen has to say.

Comment

When I've wanted to contact Stephen I've always had better luck using the "contact" at the bottom of each page. He has so many sites to manage. I'm not sure he's able to read the forum each day. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X