Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordtwist flashes at end of play

Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this. At the end of each game, a small box (perhaps 3mm x 2mm) appears at the top left corner of the playing field and flashes. It's very creepy. I have since put a peep-hole cover over it.

I can't get a print screen of it because it's right at the point of submitting the results and changes very quickly to the result page.

Thanks for any feedback

Cheers
    playonwords
    Last edited by playonwords; 10-02-2021, 04:16 PM.

ok, I could now get a screen shotFlasher.jpg​The part in red is appearing in the playing field and flashes when the game is being submitted

Comment

Originally posted by playonwords View Post
      I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this. At the end of each game, a small box (perhaps 3mm x 2mm) appears at the top left corner of the playing field and flashes. It's very creepy.
      This is a bit of inelegant coding on my part done about 10 years ago that ended up being necessary in order for the game to submit data automatically at the end of a game across a variety of different web browsers. Nothing sinister, I assure you! It's just evidence of my own shoddy coding abilities. :-)

Congrats though, you're the first person in a decade to actually notice and point out this issue!

Stephen

If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I've been observing it for several years now. But since I have been looking more into the hacking world (sure both, but with no nefarious intentions), I was wondering why something like this would appear in a browser. It seems like over this period of my observation that is was getting more intense . . . who knows, maybe just paranoia as well :-)

Thanks for easing my mind :-)

cheers
        playonwords

Comment

Working...
        X