Bot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bot?

So is LaJolla Mike who seems to hold every record time on every logic puzzle a real person or a bot? Some how he has records all the time that are like 30 seconds faster than previous record. Seems kind of inhuman....

Good luck proving that.

Comment

No proof. Just wondered what people who play the logic puzzles think.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbowgardener View Post
        No proof. Just wondered what people who play the logic puzzles think.
        A lot people on the leaderboards here are cheaters - it's obvious. That or we somehow have managed to get all the savants in the same place, which is unlikely.

There is also a way to cheat boggle with Chrome and Developer Tools, so probably applies to other logic games too.

I just play for self amusement, don't really care who 'cheats the best'.

Comment

Cheaters suck. I don't see what they find so entertaining or amusing about cheating. They don't gain a thing. I guess they just enjoy ruining it for others.

Comment

I have no intentions to 'out' people that are cheating here, but I took it upon myself to code a small script which watches the leaderboard for Wordtwist 4x4 (and other games) by polling it every 15 seconds and watching for changes. Interestingly enough, some of the total games played by some people are increasing by more than 3 games within a 60 second interval. This is not how it works and I have vetted this with my own games played. Someone exhibiting an increase of games played by 3 or more within 60 seconds is more than likely cheating in some fashion or another.

Now to be fair, there IS a way to play boards while 'logged out' and then once you log back in they will count as they get read from your browser cache. I have figured this out as well. I was able to play a whole pile of games while logged out then once I logged back in they all counted at once. I have also figured out a way that you can play the boards while logged out and then modify the results generated before logging back in and having them count - basically giving you the ability take as much time as you want on a board or run a solver against them if you are too slow at typing to do it in real-time while logged in. It's a little more complicated than I make it sound, but it is still quite easy to do.

However, when my script sees an increase of games played by 3 within 60 seconds, then 3 or 4 or even more again 60 seconds later - the above scenario is NOT the case. There are a LOT of different ways to cheat 4x4 and 5x5 and the plausibility that a lot of people are doing one or more of them is very high.

Alas, there are legitimate players here as well - but wow, really ? Some of them have spent nearly 60 HOURS of pure typing JUST on one game alone ? Then you see some folks that have that many hours on more than one type of game and you quickly see double or even more hours spent playing games on here - starts to seem fishy. 200hours logged across multiple games in 24 days ? Do they sleep at all ? Incredible. LOL.

Comment

Working...
            X