New banner ads repeatedly covering gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New banner ads repeatedly covering gameplay

Anyone else have this problem? I had a McDonalds ad peek up from the bottom of my screen while solving an acrostic... it started at the bottom, then at an unannounced moment, jumped up and covered 2/3 of my browser window.

That was annoying enough, but when I clicked the down arrow to minimize it, the ad stayed down for about 15-20 seconds... then rolled itself back up and covered 2/3 of my screen again!

The ad did this maybe 4 times over the course of my solving this one puzzle - anyone else getting these ads that make it, quite literally, temporarily impossible to solve a puzzle *during* the solve?

I have a similar problem. I play Wordtwist on a computer with a small screen, so I scroll down the page slightly to center the board before I start playing so I'll be able to see the "word already played" or "invalid word" messages. Lately, the page will jump back in the middle of the game. It makes it impossible to see the whole thing, plus it's disruptive to my focus.

This never used to be a problem but lately it's been happening a lot.

Comment

Please post a screenshot (or email one to admin@puzzlebaron.com) if you see this happen again so that I can send to our ad management company to have it immediately removed. So far I'm not seeing this ad display here but I will keep trying to replicate it.
      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

It's the Best Buy ad, takes over the whole screen repeatedly even after x-ing it out.

Comment

Apologies for that - another user has emailed a screenshot of the Best Buy ad and I have sent it to our ad management company for immediate investigation. There should never be any expanding or footer ads on any game play page (we have it hard coded to prevent that) but obviously one or two have slipped past their checks. I have been told this issue has been escalated and I hope for it to be removed soon.
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Having the expanding Best Buy ad while playing Wordtwist

Comment

Is this still happening for you? I've alerted our ad provider again but have so far not been able to replicate this on any browser. I'm hoping it's fixed already but if not please let me know, and a screenshot is always extremely helpful.

Comment

Didn't occur today at all. Thanks for the fix.

Comment

Working...
                X