Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7x7 Gridlock: Can You Solve This Diagonal Puzzle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7x7 Gridlock: Can You Solve This Diagonal Puzzle?

I'm stuck on a Baron puzzle and need your help! This one's a diagonal deduction puzzle, and I'm getting confused. Here's the situation:
    The puzzle size is 7x7.
    There are diagonal clues on the top left and bottom right corners.
    The top left clue says "3 / \ 2" which means there's a diagonal line with three filled squares followed by two empty squares.
    The bottom right clue says "1 \ / 4" which signifies a diagonal with one filled square, followed by two empty squares, and then four filled squares.
    The problem is, I've filled in most of the squares based on the clues and logical deduction, but I'm left with two empty squares in the middle of the puzzle. No matter how I try to arrange them, it creates a conflict with either the top left or bottom right clue.
    Is there something I'm missing? Can you help me figure out where to place those last two empty squares?​

Let's analyze the potential configurations for the last two empty squares:
    1. Placing them side by side or vice versa across horizontally and vertically negates, in its entirety, the top left and bottom right clues, respectively, for the fact that they will cut through the diagonal sequences.
    2. Placing them diagonally, forming a sequence, would also break the diagonal sequences from the clues.
    3. In fact, there can be no other way but to leave them as they are, with two empty squares in between, just so that the diagonal sequences are not disturbed. To be sure, within the constraints of the puzzle and according to the clues given, it just may happen that there is the mistake: a misplacement of filled or empty squares. Redo your deductions for credibility. That is, if everything seems right and there seems to be no way how to put the last two empty squares other than in a way that would damage the clues, then you perhaps have to have another look at your previous placements to see whether there is an error.

Comment

Working...
    X