Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite types of puzzles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mainly do the sodukos, but sometimes i do balence quest.

Comment

My favourite game on puzzle baron is definitely wordtwist 5x5.
      My favourite non puzzle baron game is Wordle - no clues, just guess the 5-letter word within 6 tries. It's easy and hard at the same time. I hope to see a version of it here one day (hint, hint, Stephen, lol)

Comment

Originally posted by JJBeanie View Post
        My favourite game on puzzle baron is definitely wordtwist 5x5.
        My favourite non puzzle baron game is Wordle - no clues, just guess the 5-letter word within 6 tries. It's easy and hard at the same time. I hope to see a version of it here one day (hint, hint, Stephen, lol)
        Yes, I've started playing that too. Wordle reminds me of a game show that used to be on Game Show Network called 'Lingo'.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cute View Post

Yes, I've started playing that too. Wordle reminds me of a game show that used to be on Game Show Network called 'Lingo'.
          2cute, I hadn't heard of that game before so I looked it up and found an online version. I played a couple of rounds, but I didn't like it because 1) It gives you the first letter, and 2) you can type in any letters like fpejb- it doesn't have to be a word. Was that how the game show worked?

I'll keep searching.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBeanie View Post

2cute, I hadn't heard of that game before so I looked it up and found an online version. I played a couple of rounds, but I didn't like it because 1) It gives you the first letter, and 2) you can type in any letters like fpejb- it doesn't have to be a word. Was that how the game show worked?

I'll keep searching.
            I didn't realize there was an online version.

Lingo was a show that aired on the Game Show Network in the 2000's. It consisted of 2 teams of 2 people who would guess a 5 letter word. On the show there was a timer so they had to guess it in a certain amount of time or they'd lose their turn & the other team would get a chance to guess. After they guessed the word they'd reach into a box of balls with numbers on them to try to get a line of numbers across (like in bingo). If they got it, they would reach a 'Lingo' and if they ended up in the bonus round would get an extra letter or 'chip' to help them win the bonus round.

So wordle is like it because you guess a 5 letter word, you have a limited number of tries, if you guess a letter but its in the wrong place it'll tell you, if you guess a letter in the right place it'll tell you & by the process of elimination you can guess the word

So let's say the word is 'Moist' . First you type Those. Yes there's an o but in the wrong place. Then you try Boats. Now the o is in the right place but the t & s are not. Just like in wordle except there's a time limit. If time is running out & you have to guess something you may choose a word you know it isn't just to fill in letters to see what it may or may not be, plus to keep your turn. So you try Story - you know that's not it because the o is the 3rd letter not the 2nd, yet you keep your turn to try again. So far you know none of the letters you used are in the puzzle except the o t & s. Now you try First. Again this won't be it because the o isn't in the second letter but it saves you time & now you know where are the s & t. As you know in wordle you only have 2 more tries to guess it, I can't remember how many tries were on Lingo. So far you know _o_st. What could it be? What about Hoist? Now you have all the letters except the first one. There's many options & you only have one guess left. Which will you choose?

I've been trying to post this reply for 3 days now ... will it work today? ​​​​​​​

Comment

2cute, I think the online one that I found was a poor imitation that just used the name to suck people in. The game you describe sounds like fun. I definitely would have wanted to play that game!

Comment

Working...
              X