Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest time: special reward? Also,quitting a puzzle should exclude from statistics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest time: special reward? Also,quitting a puzzle should exclude from statistics.

Could there be a bonus reward if one makes the fastest time on a puzzle?

Also the statistics are quite skewed by very long times... which can simply happen if one quits a puzzle before finishing it, and come back later to finish it (using "Recent Games": it lists the unfinished games): then the timer includes all the idle time - i.e. the time when one was doing something else.
    Suggestion: if one quits a puzzle before finishing it, his timing should NOT BE RECORDED: in other words, he quits the competition. Otherwise, even for his own statistics (the average time doing a certain difficulty level) the figures are really skewed.

I agree

Personally, I think there should be a way to pause the game. Anyone else agree?

Comment

I agree!

I would love to be able to hit pause so that if the phone rings, or the dog barks,or whatever causes me to leave my computer will not impact my scores. The other thing I would love is to get a little message upon completion of a puzzle if I have the new fastest time (I know that there have been a few times that my result is lower than the posted record.) Even better would be a tally of total number of records achieved, followed by number held.

Comment

yes to pause puzzles, and need new photos

yes I think we should be able to pause the puzzles (current pause does not work)

also how about some more different photos, kites would be colorful, more pictures of people and fewer of dogs, paintings are good, not just Van Gogh and still life.... what do you think?

Comment

Need to stop the time

I have had to leave urgently and returned to the puzzle later. Even though I hit pause, my time still continued to count. Several times I had to answer a phone or deal with an issue while completing a puzzle. We do need to pause a puzzle and stop the clock!

Comment

A pause that works

Ditto to pauses.

Comment

In a number of the puzzles, a pause that stopped the timer would lead to cheating. You could take a pic of the puzzle, pause, solve 'offline', then come back and enter answers.

Comment

Did someone say reward?

I think that it would be really neat if you got some extra points for having the fastest time on a puzzle.

Comment

I definitely agree

I have had to pause these puzzles before, and when I come back to them I find that the time has continued to run and my statistics/ average times have been thrown way off. It would be great if this could be changed!

Comment

Originally posted by alcul8r View Post
                    In a number of the puzzles, a pause that stopped the timer would lead to cheating. You could take a pic of the puzzle, pause, solve 'offline', then come back and enter answers.
                    Similar sites will blank out the puzzle or quiz when the game is paused.

Comment

Originally posted by ArnoldSideways View Post

Similar sites will blank out the puzzle or quiz when the game is paused.
                      They mean you could take a picture of it then pause it and solve it then unpause it and fill in the answers. This allows them to cheat.

Comment

Working...
                      X