How to solve "Difficult" puzzles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to solve "Difficult" puzzles?

I can solve the "Easy" level Lasergrid puzzles OK, but many of the "Medium" and almost all of the "Difficult" ones stump me. What am I missing? I'd love to hear the logic/methods used by the top solvers here so that I can improve........ THANKS!!!

Slow things wayy down, Mark off the x's around the zeros . You will learn as you make mistakes. and there is no learning to be had by guess work.

Philip....... Nightjar

Comment

I mean, you can always solve them using trial and error if you cannot figure out the puzzle with just the clues given, but this usually leads to many errors. Only use this as a last resort. Otherwise, just make sure to use all the clues available to you and mark the X's on the zeros as this will help get you the clues.

Comment

Partly what Nightjar suggested. Slow down. First learn how to play these without worrying about time. If you do worry about time, then you can always log out and practice anonymously.

Also like NJ said, Place an "x" around each zero. However, you can take this further: If a 1 has two boxes around it, then you can place an x in the corner box. If a 2 has three boxes around it, then you can place an x in each corner. If 3 has four boxes around it, then you can place an x in each corner. This can help out a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X