Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Server

Hi everyone -

As you may have noticed, we've moved to a new server and a new domain: Logic Puzzles is now at https://logic.puzzlebaron.com

This is the biggest migration project we've had in at least 6 years so there may still be a few bugs that slipped through the cracks. If you notice anything not behaving the way it should, please email me at puzzlebaron@gmail.com and I will look into it ASAP.

If you cannot log in to your account please try the new "Forgot password" feature (shown on a failed login attempt) or email me at puzzlebaron@gmail.com and I will look into it personally.

The new forum software should be a big improvement over our last one, but unfortunately avatars and old messages had to be scrapped in order to make the transition as seamless as possible. I will be working to get an archived version of the old forums online in case you want to grab any posts from there and resurrect them here on the new forum.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks as always for playing!

Stephen
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Thank you so much for the new server! One thing I have noticed is that a star no longer appears when you top the highest score. I hope you will bring that feature back. Thanks!

Comment

Just wondering, did the comments on the puzzles get scrapped or have they just not been migrated yet? I like to record my times so I can measure my improvement. I tried posting a comment a few minutes ago; prior to the migration if I refreshed the page the comment would appear, but that does not appear to be the case currently.

Comment

The font on the new server is smaller? fainter? thinner? whatever the change its harder to read so therefore the puzzles take me longer to do than normal, grrr not happy!! (or did my eyes suddenly age since yesterday???)

Comment

Originally posted by floup2 View Post
          The font on the new server is smaller? fainter? thinner? whatever the change its harder to read so therefore the puzzles take me longer to do than normal, grrr not happy!! (or did my eyes suddenly age since yesterday???)
          No, you're right. I think it's a different font and it is definitely thinner/lighter. It's like the difference between sans serif and some of the calligraphy fonts. I tried playing around with size, but that makes it impossible to see the whole puzzle.

Comment

Stars for record times should be fixed now.

Comments should be back now for all puzzles. I've removed Avatar images from them as they were making the pages super long to read.

Re: font, I'm looking into that now. If you could email me a screenshot of what you're seeing to puzzlebaron@gmail.com that would be a big help. Thanks!
            If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
              Stars for record times should be fixed now.

Comments should be back now for all puzzles. I've removed Avatar images from them as they were making the pages super long to read.

Re: font, I'm looking into that now. If you could email me a screenshot of what you're seeing to puzzlebaron@gmail.com that would be a big help. Thanks!
              Argh - it's the settings. We just need to go to settings & pick the middle setting, I think. I'm going to check it right now & BRB to update this post.

Yeah - just pick the second setting (the one in the middle) and those have the darkest lines -- looks a lot like/if not exactly the same as the old site.

As for comments, I see the old comments back again. I've never been able to reload a puzzle page to see comments - have to wait until I see that puzzle again. But the old comments/times are back.

Finally, is there any way to make a link to the puzzles from the forum like we had on the old pages? Just a "play" or "logic" button? Or is that now impossible b/c of all the sites being merged?

Thanks, e
              Last edited by ella; 02-26-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I've made a tweak to the global font settings now - please let me know if it is any better for you.

You can get back to Logic Puzzles from the forum via the blue "Logic Puzzles" image/link at the top of every page. I don't love this solution however and will be looking into a better way to incorporate everything and make navigation easier.

Thanks!

Comment

The avatars are not showing up in the comments section, even after the migration. I hope that feature comes back as it's easier for me to see my old times that way. It's much harder to sift through a list of names than a list of pictures. Will that be fixed?

Comment

Thanks for the new server--stuff does seem to be running faster!

I was trying to upload my avatar pic, and when I clicked on the link to upload from the page of icon choices (the link is at the top of the page in the text), I got an error:

"Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Is that something that can be fixed at some point, as I'd love to put my avatar up?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by AuntyS View Post
                      The avatars are not showing up in the comments section, even after the migration. I hope that feature comes back as it's easier for me to see my old times that way. It's much harder to sift through a list of names than a list of pictures. Will that be fixed?
                      Avatars are now back in comments (sized slightly smaller to conserve space).

Comment

Originally posted by ribby View Post
                        Thanks for the new server--stuff does seem to be running faster!

I was trying to upload my avatar pic, and when I clicked on the link to upload from the page of icon choices (the link is at the top of the page in the text), I got an error:

"Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Is that something that can be fixed at some point, as I'd love to put my avatar up?

Thanks again!
                        Hi Ribby -

Were you selecting an avatar from this page?

If so please let me know which one you selected which caused that error - so far I can not replicate it here. Thanks!

Comment

Hints stopped working, giving “”undefined (120 sec. penalty)”.

ETA: It seems to work at first, (once or twice) then gives the error if you ask for another hint.
                          Last edited by Kodee; 02-26-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I'm having the same "hint" problem.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

Hi Ribby -

Were you selecting an avatar from this page?

If so please let me know which one you selected which caused that error - so far I can not replicate it here. Thanks!
                              No, I was trying to upload a picture from my computer.

Turns out it works if you go through your profile and click on the generic avatar--there's an option to change/upload there. Now if I click the text link off the Avatars page (it's in the sentence "And remember - you can always upload your own avatar if you've got a specific image you want to use" at the top of the page)) it sends me to my profile page, so I can change the avatar.

It looks like what was broken was the link to your specific profile. It works now, though--thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X