Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marking boxes True/False - would like to add a maybe (?) for the either or answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marking boxes True/False - would like to add a maybe (?) for the either or answers

I'm having a dilemma in my logic puzzle solving. I'm wondering if there is a way to mark a box as a "possible" true box? Perhaps with a "?" icon. This might be helpful with the either/or clues. Thanks for your consideration!

a blank box means it is a "possible"

Comment

I agree, that could be nice. Given how old the site is, I suspect they're not likely to make any changes to the format though.

Blank boxes can mean either it's possible or that it's something you don't have any information for.

Like, say, a clue says something like "The jellyfish is either Robert's catch or the animal captured in Indonesia." You can't make any Xs in response to that clue (unless one or the other is already excluded) - there's not enough information. Having a ? option to put at the intersections of jellyfish/robert and jellyfish/indonesia could help some players with keeping things straight without having to go back and reread clues over again.

Comment

"The jellyfish is either Robert's catch or the animal captured in Indonesia." You can't make any Xs in response to that clue (unless one or the other is already excluded) - there's not enough information." This statement is inaccurate. You can put an X in the intersection of Robert and Indonesia since Robert can't be Indonesia per the clue.

Comment

Fair enough. Correction: You can't make any Xs in the Jellyfish row for that. You know the jellyfish is one or the other, but you can't mark anything down for the jellyfish. So, later on, you may have to re-read that clue and compare to the board again.

Comment

Well, at least everyone has the same situation and it's a level playing field.

Comment

Why don't you just print the puzzles and make notes such as:
              Jellyfish = Robert/Indonisia?
              (For me a forward slash means "or")

Comment

Originally posted by BookCat View Post
                Why don't you just print the puzzles and make notes such as:
                Jellyfish = Robert/Indonisia?
                (For me a forward slash means "or")
                Thanks for that idea, Bookcat -
                But, my thinking is being able to work the puzzles - paperless

Comment