Server Issues - Feb 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Issues - Feb 28

I apologize for the server problems the last few days. The issue is taking longer to fix than usual because I am currently out of the country and without reliable wifi, so I've been relying on our server company to fix this for us and response time has not been optimal. What's worse, a change they made in an attempt to fix the original issue then caused an even BIGGER problem which we are now working on cleaning up.

I don't have an ETA yet on when things will be back to normal, but I am focused on getting this fixed ASAP and apologize again for the downtime.

If you notice any strange behavior on the site other than just slow load times please let me know via this thread.

Stephen
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Thanks Stephen- assuming you’re on vacation, I hope you’re enjoying quality time with your friends /family/self, and don’t feel pressured to rush back to fix this. We love these puzzles but they’re not more important than life and family.

Comment

Well said ronasid.

Comment

It's slowing again.

Comment

Then stop playing...................

Comment

We've found a possible source of the slow-down, and have fixed the code related to this problem as of 7am Eastern, March 2nd. I'm hopeful this will improve things but will keep monitoring the situation.
            If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
              Then stop playing...................
              Who died and left you king???????????????

Comment

Thank you so much for working so many hours to fix the server issues! The games are playing like a dream now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alethea View Post
                  Thank you so much for working so many hours to fix the server issues! The games are playing like a dream now.
                  Yes, yesterday it was terrible, even after Stephen identified and fixed some problems.

Now it is finally working well!

Comment

Thanks everyone, I’m hoping we are through the worst of it now. I have a few services turned off as a precaution, so forum/record updates are suspended for now on the main site, and the list of previous high scores may not display for a while. I will turn these back on when I’ve returned home in a few days and can monitor things more closely.

Comment

Thank you, Admin, for your transparency and working to fix this while you are on vacation. I hope it did not interrupt your vacation too much! I appreciate the site and how you keep it running well

Comment

Why are newer forum posts not showing in the forum space on Logic Puzzles?

Comment

Hey - is the server down again? I can't get a new puzzle to generate! Oct. 12, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by losmond View Post
                            Why are newer forum posts not showing in the forum space on Logic Puzzles?
                            Update, they are again!

I think it was some time in the last few days that it finally began working again.

Comment

Working...
                            X