missing 'than' in some puzzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing 'than' in some puzzles

I've noticed recently that some clues in some puzzles are missing the word 'than'. (As if it was accidentally left out of a template when generating some clues.) Today it was in one of the shooting star counting puzzles. Sadly, I moved on from the puzzle before I thought to note the URL, and this site seems to replace its own entries in my firefox history. I loaded a few more puzzles to see if I could find an example. No luck, but I did find a typo while skimming:

12. The baby born in May didn't weight exactly 125 grams.

(Note that I wasn't logged in when I played the missing 'than' puzzle. I logged in to make this comment. It was this same machine, and probably within the past 20 minutes, though. Since then, I've generated but not played a few puzzles to reproduce it. The shooting star puzzle was the last puzzle I won on this machine, if that helps.)

Heh. Probably more information than anyone wanted. I'll take more careful notes next time I see it happen.

If you want to find the ID for a given puzzle then after you finish it, and you see the page showing your time, then open the source. Search in it for "qid". That id is the id for the puzzle.

If it's too late for that, but still within 24 hours, you can click the link for "recently played puzzles", and it will show a puzzle id for each. This is a much longer ID, and it is unique for this puzzle session (so if I play the same puzzle, I'll get a different ID), but I'm guessing that the guy that runs this site can use that number to get the exact puzzle with the typo.

Comment

That ID is useful info-- thanks, uigrad! I just checked the 'recently played puzzles' link, but it only works for accounts. I'll remember it for next time though.

Comment

4. The April 22 outing logged somewhat more shooting stars the outing with Terrence.

Here's the ID uigrad suggested:
        name="qid" value="19477"
        Curiously, the other "than" clues in the same puzzle were just fine. But I'm pretty confident I've seen this elsewhere. Maybe I keep encountering the same puzzle.

Comment

Working...
        X