Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hints for first Puzzle Baron's Logic Puzzles Book (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints for first Puzzle Baron's Logic Puzzles Book (2010)

Hi there! I am new to the forum and am wondering if there are hints available for puzzles from the first Puzzle Baron's Logic Puzzles book, published in 2010. I am stuck on puzzle 97 (Buy Low, Sell High). I am able to find another puzzle with that title online, but not the one that is in my book. (Mine is a 4x5 puzzle and the one online is a 4x7 puzzle.)

I have the book at home and will check to see if I successfully completed this one or not after work. If so, ill gladly help you you.

Comment

Ahh damn never mind it’s book 2

Comment

Hello! I’m stuck on a puzzle in the 2010 Logic Puzzle book- #125 Checking accounts. Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

#125 has me stumped as well. I feel like there are two ways to solve it.

Comment

For #125, I also see it as having 2 solutions. The ONLY thing that maybe makes sense is that the author meant for Julius to be a female name (Hint #1 mentions MR. Neville). This way you can achieve the answer in the back. Otherwise I have not been able to solve it.

As for Buy Low, Sell High, I haven't been able to solve that one either. I don't think there is only one solution for that one. Then again I don't claim to be an expert at logic puzzles!

Comment

Mprasil's answer seems to make sense for puzzle 125 Checking Accounts from book 1. I just marked this one as an ambiguous answer, in that Carter and Julius could be swapped and would make no difference to the completion of the puzzle.

On that note, I also found 147 It's Knot as Easy as It Looks in book 1 did not have a definitive order for the Third, Fourth and Fifth Orders due to clue 3 telling you that the sheet knot was 'sometime after' the half-hitch; this means that Ashton, Dustin and Norbert could be in any order, so long as Ashton is before Norbert. If I have made an error on that one then please let me know.
              Last edited by SPYDOR; 06-07-2023, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPYDOR View Post
                Mprasil's answer seems to make sense for puzzle #125 Checking Accounts from book 1. I just marked this one as an ambiguous answer, in that Carter and Julius could be swapped and would make no difference to the completion of the puzzle.

On that note, I also found #145 It's Knot as Easy as It Looks in book 1 did not have a definitive order for the Third, Fourth and Fifth Orders due to clue 3 telling you that the sheet knot was 'sometime after' the half-hitch; this means that Ashton, Dustin and Norbert could be in any order, so long as Ashton is before Norbert. If I have made an error on that one then please let me know.
                I think you're right, both Checking Accounts and It's Knot as Easy as It Looks have multiple solutions which satisfy all the criteria. As far as I can tell anyway. I found 3 possible solutions for It's Knot as Easy as It Looks.

Of course it's possible that I made the same error...

Comment

I am also stumped on n0 97 - Buy Low Sell High - there seems to be no logical way to conclude whom of Derrick and Scott is pharmaceutical or HOPN.'

And again with No 125 - Checking Account - how to logically identify whom of Carter and Julius is Mr Neville - the above comment about Julius possibly being female seems the only way!

Comment

There were unfortunately a handful of errors that made it into the first volume. The following fixes were sent to the publishers and should "fix" any problems you're having:

1. Checking Accounts (125)

Change Clue 4 to the following: Of Emma and the customer who got the balloon-themed checkbook (who wasn't Carter), one signed up for the student checking account, and the other had Lipton as a surname.

2. Barber Shop (127)

Change Clue 1 to the following: The five customers are the one who was served first, the one who got the flattop, Matthew, the customer who requested a crew cut (who wasn't served fourth), and the one who has prematurely gray hair (who isn't Alan and who wasn't served third).

Change Clue 3 to the following: Trevor got his haircut before Matthew. Neither Trevor nor Matthew has brown hair.

3. Island Cruise (138)

Change Clue 6 to: The couple went snorkeling three days before the landing that occurred at 6:00 pm (but not on June 14).

4. It's Knot Easy As It Looks (147)

Change Clue 5 to: Norbert (who didn't give the last presentation) worked with Group D.

5. Buy Low, Sell High (97)

Add clue: The stock in the pharmaceutical sector has a greater value than HOPN.

6. Ticket Sales (198)

Add two clues at the end:

8. Thursday's show is at the Grand.

9. "Two Towers" has fewer than 8 open seats remaining.

7. Quiz Show (168)

Change Clue #8: 'Estrella ended the game with fewer points than Chandler.'

8. If You're Going to San Francisco (176)

Change clue #8: 'Alondra's hotel room cost $200/night.'
                    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Thank you so much! Im not going crazy.....! Love the books, I have purchased all 3 plus the Fiendish which I will tackle at some point but not yet (I need to hone my skills, just too hard right now!). Ive nearly finished book 1, looking forward to books 2 and 3 and just wondering... will there be a book 4? Please say YES! I prefer to do them at leisure via the books and when travelling simply don't have access to the internet. Also, want to say big thanks for the online support for the fiendish book, and the tips on solving puzzles, invaluable and much appreciated, it helps with maintaining interest and momentum, just wish Id found theses books a few years ago! once again Thank You.

Comment

Did anyone struggle with Healthy Eating (#171)? I'm completely stuck at a fairly early phase. I input what I have so far into an online logic puzzle solver and it wasn't able to fill any more boxes, which means that obviously all the rest of the information is in the clues... but I've read them 100x and can't find anything new!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rebb View Post
                          Did anyone struggle with Healthy Eating (#171)? I'm completely stuck at a fairly early phase. I input what I have so far into an online logic puzzle solver and it wasn't able to fill any more boxes, which means that obviously all the rest of the information is in the clues... but I've read them 100x and can't find anything new!!!
                          Initially I did this one pretty quickly but after going back and trying again I had to think hard! Its taken me a while but here are some clues I hope help...

clue 7; Quinton cannot equal 9 or 21 points (as only Clayton and the 12 wk dieter can...). Clue 8; if Quinton has 4 more points than Madison and Quinton does not equal 9 then both him and Madison cannot equal 5, so Saniya equals 5.

Clue 9; Perla and Almond eater are 9 points or 10 weeks. 10 weeks only equals 5 or 17 points so both can only be 5, 9 or 17 points. This means Clayton is 21 points and he eats walnuts, which means he can't be 14 weeks as that is Madison or salmon!

Filling in the missing pieces after that was pretty straight forward, hope this helps and shout up if you need any more hints!
                          Last edited by KateStone; 04-15-2021, 03:49 AM.

Comment

I have 100% completed book 1 woohoo!! Enjoyed every single minute and now embarking on book 2 (to be followed by book 3!). The list of fixes above was so helpful and made the whole experience brilliant enabling me to complete all of the puzzles. Just asking if there was a list of fixes for book 2 (and 3?) I haven't struggled so far but if there were some glitches it would be great to have the corrections as it just enhances the whole experience knowing you have the full definitive answers! PS; still interested in book 4!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KateStone View Post
                              Just asking if there was a list of fixes for book 2 (and 3?) I haven't struggled so far but if there were some glitches it would be great to have the corrections as it just enhances the whole experience knowing you have the full definitive answers! PS; still interested in book 4!!!
                              No confirmed errors have been reported in any of our other logic puzzle books, so you should be good to go. After our first book I put in two more layers of extra checks to make absolutely sure our books would be error-free from then on. Enjoy!
                              If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Working...
                              X