Help with strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with strategy

I am somewhat new to logic puzzles and working through the 2010 puzzle baron Logic Puzzles book. I am stuck on two puzzles. I think there is a strategy that I can’t figure out. Could someone explain the strategy to me? I get to a point where I just have two or three left that I can’t figure out. I’m posting a picture of where I am stuck.
    Last edited by lpperry; 07-26-2020, 11:26 PM.

Clue 6:

> Sorenson wasn't the plaintiff in the Swain case, which wasn't decided 8-1

The wording on puzzles in the book are a bit more ambiguous than the ones on the website, but I think that can be translated as three things:
    • Sorenson != Swain
    • Sorenson != 8-1
    • Swain != 8-1

If you mark Swain as different than 8-1, it will solve your problem.

I don't have the books, but I've seen discussion in the old forums before about mistakes in a few of the pages. I think someone made a list of all the corrections that should be made to the books, but I don't think it was saved when the forums were reset. Hopefully someone still has a copy and can link it.

Comment

I hope someone has saved this information. I also have this book. In Clue 6 it's difficult to know whether "which wasn't decided 8-1" refers to the Swain case or the one in which Sorenson was the plaintiff.

Comment

Working...
      X