Stuck... #147 from 2010’s “It’s Knot as Easy as It Looks”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck... #147 from 2010’s “It’s Knot as Easy as It Looks”

Stuck on the last few clues. I can’t for the life of me figure out who is 3rd, 4th, and 5th, and A and D. Arrrghhh!! I have started over a whole bunch of times and had to print out my own grids. The latest one is attached.

Thanks for any help!

6A731770-7C3B-4292-A1C5-A5A5A889C287.jpeg
    Last edited by eusadnama; 09-10-2020, 01:28 AM.

dd81707c-6639-4284-8b5b-9b4216336469.jpg Here is my grid (excuse the handwriting!). For me, the secret was to work the clue with the "five experts" out on a (separate) grid.

Comment

Thank you for trying! I have tried the puzzle over and over again and still cannot figure it out. Norbert isn’t 5th, but 4th. And group A is 5th. I also have a gazillion separate grids and still I can’t figure out those final clues. It’s driving me bonkers.

7309D7F3-C276-4DBA-939A-BCB51AB0ECB0.jpeg

Comment

Hi,
        The puzzle seems to have more than 1 solution, which might be why you cannot figure it out.

For instance, down below, is a solution that i think satisfies all the constraints (if i have not made any mistakes). Yet it is not the solution provided by the book.
        ASHTON FOURTH SHEET C
        AVERY FIRST BOWLINE E
        DUSTIN THIRD SHEEP A
        NORBERT FIFTH HALYARD D
        SAM SECOND HALF-HITCH B

Comment

Seems like they missed a clue when they made up the question; either with a person or group (determining the type of knot can only lead to a solution in a single step if the Sheet knot is the 4th presentation, which is not the solution given).

You can try it out here:

https://www.jsingler.de/apps/logiklo...a0d2,b1c1),v:0)

Comment

this is late but i got stuck at the exact same point as you! there must have been a mistake in the clues. i'm just going to look for a clue in the back and then move on, this has been KILLING me. glad to know it's not a me problem haha

Comment

see march 17 2021 by admin

Comment

Originally posted by 101944 View Post
                see march 17 2021 by admin
                I don’t know what this means. Is it help? Because I am still stuck on this one.

Comment

Working...
                X