"Earth Tremors" Error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Earth Tremors" Error?

I'm working through Logic Puzzles (2010) and am a bit confused about the clues on puzzle #157 "Earth Tremors."

Clue 2 reads "The smallest-magnitude earthquake was centered in Saravello, CA"

Clue 3 reads "The 5:04am earthquake (which didn't last the longest) was next highest in magnitude after the Saravello earthquake."

I interpret clue #3 as meaning the Saravello earthquake was higher in magnitude than the 5:04am earthquake, which means it could not be the largest as clue #2 suggests. Am I reading clue #3 incorrectly? Or did I stumble upon an error?

Thanks in advance!

I interpret clue 2 to mean that earthquake in Saravello, CA had a magnitude of 2.3 (the smallest magnitude). Clue 3 says that the earthquake at 5:04am was the next highest magnitude or 2.6. Two positive relations: Saravello/2.3 and 5:04am/2.6.

Comment

Originally posted by zenobia43 View Post
      I interpret clue 2 to mean that earthquake in Saravello, CA had a magnitude of 2.3 (the smallest magnitude). Clue 3 says that the earthquake at 5:04am was the next highest magnitude or 2.6. Two positive relations: Saravello/2.3 and 5:04am/2.6.
      I don't disagree, in fact, I can't think of any other way this makes sense. But if that is what it means, it is worded terribly.

If there's another printing, the clue should definitely be edited to say:

> The 5:04am earthquake (which didn't last the longest) was second lowest in magnitude after the Saravello earthquake.

Comment

Working...
      X