Stuck with a Tectonic/Suguru grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck with a Tectonic/Suguru grid

Hi, I quite like doing these as a change to Sudoku, however after 82 successes I can’t seem to find the next logical statement to help solve this. Can anyone help please?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

First, I had to figure out the rules. It seems that there are 3 rules:

1) No region may have the same number more than once
    2) A cell with a number cannot touch another cell with the same number, even diagonally
    3) Only the digits 1-5 may be used.

With that, I looked at the Z-shaped pentomino near the bottom, and tried putting in the last two number (2 and 5) one way, and then the other. Only one of those ways worked. This is a trial-and-error type of solving, and not a logic-based answer like what you wanted. There's no guarantee that a logic-based type answer exists, but I decided to look for one anyway.

I came up with this:

sudoku04.png

After uploading the image, this forum seems to have resized it to a miniature size, and it's unreadable, so please check the original here instead: https://i.imgur.com/940VZQE.png

Blue: I made pencil marks for each cell that only had 2 possibilities.
    Red: Since 2 and 5 are both touching the cell at the bottom of the plus region, it must contain something other than 2 or 5. 3 is the only remaining choice.
    Green: This Y region can only have a 3 in one spot. I placed it there.

Next:

The Y region containing the green 3 seems to be the best place to work next. Now there is only one place that 1 can be placed in the Y region, so place it.

Next, there are only 2 places in the Y region that can contain 4, and both of them border the '24' pencil marks in the x region. So, that cell must be 2

From this point on, solving it is fairly straightforward.
    Last edited by uigrad; 03-17-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I have never solved a puzzle like this before, but down below is my solution:

suguru.JPG

Comment

Working...
      X