Help with This Clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with This Clue

I need help with another clue that isn't making sense to me. Here in this puzzle I've attached, it is stating that I can eliminate the possibility that Barbara is on the low-fat diet due to this clue:

3. Of the dieter who started a rowing regimen and the friend who used the dairy-free diet, one is Barbara and the other lost 11 lbs.
    The problem? Based on the puzzle-board, I have eliminated the possibility that the rower is on the low-fat diet, but what's confusing to me is that both Barbara and the one who lost 11 pounds can both either be the rower or the one on the dairy-free diet. How is it possible to eliminate Barbara as being on the low-fat diet? If the low-fat diet cannot be the rower, this only works if I had figured out that Barbara is indeed the rower, then I could eliminate her from being on the low-fat diet.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Nevermind, I got it now. It took reading this clue 10 different ways to finally figure out the hints lol.

Comment

Good job, evessal. These 'of the' clues are very complex, and take a bit of getting used to. That X already in low fat for rowing means that neither Barbara nor 11# can be low fat. I had a tough time getting used to those kinds of clues, too.

Comment

Originally posted by mohamm1 View Post
        Good job, evessal. These 'of the' clues are very complex, and take a bit of getting used to. That X already in low fat for rowing means that neither Barbara nor 11# can be low fat. I had a tough time getting used to those kinds of clues, too.
        Thank you! That was only a moderate puzzle. I've been doing some of the challenging ones and wow, they are tough! I love it though, these puzzles have been keeping me engaged and I've been getting better at solving them. Got to keep the mind sharp!

Comment

Working...
        X