SKYDIVERS Vol 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKYDIVERS Vol 3

Please can anyone help solve Skydivers from Volume 3? How do you deduce the right answer from the clues?

Thanks

I solved this puzzle once before in pencil. Then I rubbed it out. Now, when I'm trying to do it again, I can't do it. Go figure.

Comment

Can anyone help us with puzzle? I still can't do it. I'm beginning to think that there is not enough information given in the clues to solve it.

I think I must have used guesswork, and got lucky, the first time I solved it.

Comment

I just tried this puzzle again. I had a lot of back and forth between clues 1, 2, and 8. Like, a cross for the transitive relationship will end up as a cross for the other.

Comment

Originally posted by suaveh View Post
          I just tried this puzzle again. I had a lot of back and forth between clues 1, 2, and 8. Like, a cross for the transitive relationship will end up as a cross for the other.
          Yes. That's exactly what I get as well. And I can't get any further with the puzzle.

Comment

I went back and did this one again, and here's what I found (as best as I can explain it):
            1. Following all the clues the first time through, hopefully you conclude that White and 70 jumps are 1982. From there, you also know that Gold must be 1983.
            2. I then realized that Gordon can't be 1983 because that would mean he'd have to be 69 jumps (see clue #1), which doesn't gel with clue #2.
            3. From there, I knew Gordon had to be either 1984 or 1985. Very lightly penciling things in, I followed the premise of Gordon being 1984 and realized that it's not possible, which led me to realize that Gordon must be 1985. The rest pretty much flows from there.

Honestly, I may have solved it differently the first time (I don't recall), but I know for a fact that other than the two puzzles in Vol. 3 that I mentioned in recent posts, I was able to solve every puzzle in the book without any guessing, albeit some definitely took longer than others.

Comment

Originally posted by HartleySan View Post
              I went back and did this one again, and here's what I found (as best as I can explain it):
              1. Following all the clues the first time through, hopefully you conclude that White and 70 jumps are 1982. From there, you also know that Gold must be 1983.
              2. I then realized that Gordon can't be 1983 because that would mean he'd have to be 69 jumps (see clue #1), which doesn't gel with clue #2.
              3. From there, I knew Gordon had to be either 1984 or 1985. Very lightly penciling things in, I followed the premise of Gordon being 1984 and realized that it's not possible, which led me to realize that Gordon must be 1985. The rest pretty much flows from there.

Honestly, I may have solved it differently the first time (I don't recall), but I know for a fact that other than the two puzzles in Vol. 3 that I mentioned in recent posts, I was able to solve every puzzle in the book without any guessing, albeit some definitely took longer than others.
              Are you sure your reasoning in the underlined text is correct? Because the answer says that Gordon actually did make 69 jumps.

Comment

I would just like to post that, after nine hours of trying, I can confirm that this puzzle is solvable without guesswork. Basically, using clues ! and 2, and what is already discovered, you can work out that Gordon CANNOT be 1983 0r 1984. The rest follows easily from there.

Thanks to HartleySan for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                X