How to avoid penalty rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to avoid penalty rate

Is there a method of marking a tile with a green disc other than clicking twice? I suspect that's what's giving me an error penalty... I'm not making any other mistakes. Please advise! Thanks!

I don't believe there is, but you can change the way the icons look in your settings. I believe it's in the profile part. Otherwise, like me, you just have to slow down enough to make sure you aren't clicking incorrectly or in the wrong spot.

However, even if you have something wrong, you shouldn't get an error unless/until your final entry is incorrect. In other words I don't think it's possible to have a correct puzzle with other errors at the very end.

You will get penalties for error corrections during the puzzle, hints etc - but those should be pretty clear and before the final entry.

Comment

Thanks, ella, but I'm still getting an error percentage on every puzzle, and I don't know why. Even when I make no mistakes at all, I still get an error % in the final report.

Comment

Oh -- are you talking about the "Penalty Rate" line in this box? That's the puzzle's penalty rate, not your penalty rate -- I believe what it means is, of all the times that puzzle has been solved on the site, 39.8% of them (in this example) have had errors or penalties. If you made no errors, you can just look smugly at that number and think "nice, I did better than so many people"

Errors that YOU made would show up in the box above that and to the right, where your score is.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Oh my goodness, now I feel foolish! That's exactly what I meant. Thank you both for the help, now I can smile smugly at ~30% of people. :P Thanks again!

Comment

I feel silly too now. It seems so obvious, but I was stumped by that error percentage too. Glad someone wiser was around to help out.

Comment

Working...
            X