Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with Book 2 - Birthday Parties (#200)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Book 2 - Birthday Parties (#200)

I can't believe I'm stuck on the very last puzzle of the book. Can someone please help me find the clue that unlocks it? Seems like there a missing clue because I end up in the same spot each time I attempt to solve.

I think there may be two possible solutions which is not usually the case with the logic puzzles. Anyone else come up with the same?

Comment

I'm also getting two solutions. I have the following:

Between 8 year old Justin and 11 year old Steve, one had 28 people on June 19, and the other had 35 people on July 3.

I've read over the hints multiple times and looked carefully at my board, but there's nothing that determines which age/child pairing goes with which size/date pairing.

Comment

I'm coming back to this 8 months later, and I realize that there is not two possible solutions, but in fact I read clue 1 wrong. I spent an (embarrassingly) long time on this, but I'm glad I finally got it.

The clue is: "David is neither the youngest child nor the one who had the most people attend his birthday party."

I was able to conclude the obvious relationship between David and age 8, and between David and 35 people at the party. However, I completely looked over the 'nor' relationship, meaning that the 8 year old child and the child with 35 people at his party are two different people. This means 8 year old Justin cannot be the one who has 35 people on July 3, but instead he had 28 people on June 19, and vice versa with 11 year old Steve.

I'm not sure if this is the problem you were having with the logic puzzle, but I hope I helped someone with this.
        Last edited by chuu; 08-27-2023, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X