Score card page stats don't add up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score card page stats don't add up

I had my stats/profile page open and then played a single logic puzzle. I then opened the stats page again on a second tab to compare noticed that the numbers didn't add up.

I've attached a composite of four screenshots (with panels numbered 1 through 4, separated by a red border).

Compare panel 1 and 2 and see that my Total Played went up by only one (and I have only one recent game, as shown by panel 4).

Strangely, my Total Points went up by 1347 between panels 1 and 2, but as panel 3 shows, I only got 449 points from that game. Also, my average time went up from 1771.2 to 1774 seconds even though my game took 1052 seconds.

puzzlebaron logic puzzle stats error.png

Now I'm even more confused. I refreshed my stats and saw the following as shown in the next partial screenshots. My Total Played went up by 2 (versus panel 2 of previous message), but my Total Solved didn't change, which contradicts that my Solved went up by 2. Still haven't played a new game since above post.
    puzzlebaron logic puzzle stats error 2.png
    Last edited by CodeHydro; 06-28-2022, 09:31 AM. Reason: add screenshot

Comment

It's possible they batch the updates, so when you compared one to the next, you thought it was updating the game you had just played, but was actually from earlier. You could test that by not doing puzzles for a while, then doing one, then not doing puzzles for a while.

But it could also just be spaghetti code.

Comment

When I first joined, my profile page actually showed stats for a different player. I really don't know how that could even happen, but I posted about it here and admin noticed it and fixed it.

From what I have seen, those stats usually update immediately, so it seems likely something is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by contrary View Post
          It's possible they batch the updates, so when you compared one to the next, you thought it was updating the game you had just played, but was actually from earlier. You could test that by not doing puzzles for a while, then doing one, then not doing puzzles for a while.

But it could also just be spaghetti code.
          Batching would not explain it because I've only played one game in the past week.

Comment

Hmm, well, the score looks like it was multiplied by 3, so maybe it's adjusting for difficulty or puzzle size?

Comment

Originally posted by boxeeboxeebox View Post
              Hmm, well, the score looks like it was multiplied by 3, so maybe it's adjusting for difficulty or puzzle size?
              Or somehow the same game was counted 3 times since played eventually went up by 3...

Comment

Working...
              X