Identity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identity

Is it possible to have two different user names so that you can practice the harder level puzzles without losing points/timings on main account? If so, how do you create a second user name, please

You don't need an account to play. So two options are:
    1. log out and then play
    2. open https://logic.puzzlebaron.com in a private browser window
    Private windows are typically available from the browser File menu, or by right-clicking links. It may be called something else, based on your browser. Chrome calls it "incognito". Visiting the site from a private window won't use your stored account info, you'll be a guest. And you won't have to log out of your main account.

Another option is to create a second account. I'm unsure what the terms of service has to say about this, but if you don't intend anything nefarious it's probably not much bother. You'll need a different email address than the one you use for your main account. You may be tempted to use a "temporary" email address to do this. It didn't work for me when I just tried, but using an address from a recognizable domain (google, hotmail, aol, etc.) did.

Comment

Thanks for that, I have already done a few as a guest player but would have liked to record my efforts in an ID account, my efforts so far have either been OK or awful but it is pleasing to monitor your progress in some way... not sure I want another email account but thanks for the advice.

Comment

I don't see any reason that you couldn't have 2 profiles.

It's not like you would be using it to cheat, and there was nothing in the Terms of Use that says you must use your real name.

Comment

Thanks uigrad, if it is possible to have two IDs I need to know how to create it. Not sure this is possible without a second email address which I am loath to create just for Puzzle Baron!

Comment

I don't think you need to confirm your new account via email.

So you might register using a non-existent address. You could always create that same non-existent address in future, should you decide you actually need it.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know this was even possible!

Comment

Many years ago, I did exactly that. The accounts were distinct and recorded all the usual data.

Comment

Working...
                X