Logged in but record not counted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logged in but record not counted?

I had something unusual happen this morning when I was logged in and playing a puzzle - I appear to have gotten a faster time than the current record holder, but for some reason it doesn't seem to have counted as a new record. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or can explain?
    Attached Files

I was under the impression that it doesn't update on your screen but if someone else (or you) plays that game later on, it will show the updated record holder then. I could be wrong, but I thought I had beaten one but it didn't show it on my screen either.

Comment

I am not someone who gets records often, and the last time was at least a year ago. I was under the impression that I saw some different kind of star, but I could be imagining that and I don't know that it stuck around (I can't find it if it did, I don't know where). We need someone who gets records more frequently to tell us. And many of these records were made a very long time ago because the puzzles have been around for quite some time.

Comment

I've noticed that the time displayed when solving a puzzle is not always the time that seems to be officially recorded. For example, if I get to a solving screen it might display something like the one you screenshotted, but if I refresh the page the new time listed for my solve might be higher or lower than previously displayed. I discovered that because I used to have a problem with my browser submitting a comment more than once so I'd refresh the page to clear out the text in hopes of preventing duplication. I think the times recorded on the "Recent Games" tab are the 'official' results, so if it happens again you might try checking to see if they match. I think that list clears after 24 hours so it's probably too late to check the puzzle in question, unfortunately.
        Edit: It says the cache for recent puzzles clears after six hours, not 24.

Comment

It always shows the current record holder, but will change whenever the next persons plays the puzzle. You may be lucky to play the puzzle again sometime and be still the record holder. I always record who the record was won from and what that record was in the comment stream, so even if it does change you will have a mention of your record setting.

Comment

It looks like you have set quite a few records lately redlead, as the the current records are also listed in the record section at the top of the forum space. Well done, that is hard to do at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ella View Post
              I am not someone who gets records often, and the last time was at least a year ago. I was under the impression that I saw some different kind of star, but I could be imagining that and I don't know that it stuck around (I can't find it if it did, I don't know where). We need someone who gets records more frequently to tell us. And many of these records were made a very long time ago because the puzzles have been around for quite some time.
              you’re not imagining. If you set a record there’s a star next to your time. I’ve never not seen it when I set a record.

I also would have set a record once but I was logged out (that hurt) and there was a message at the top saying something like “if you were registered you’d have set a record” which is clearly not the case for OP. This is weird.

Comment

Yep I've set a few records and I always see the star. This a bit weird but c'est la vie! On to the next puzzle

Comment

The only time I've seen that behavior for me was when the new puzzles came out, and at that point I assumed it was related to some sort of internal threshold where they wouldn't display data for the puzzle until they had enough data. I haven't seen that behavior in a long time.

Comment

It appears that you set the record. But it won't show until someone else plays the game. It doesn't update there.
                    Last edited by pcuser; 12-23-2022, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X