Why are there so many 30 sec times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are there so many 30 sec times?

Most times I do 3x4 Easy I see a record of exactly 30 sec with many commenters saying 30 as well. Is it because anything faster than that is recorded as 30? If so, it seems a little suspicious. How are y'all doing them that fast?!

I just did a bunch of them and the record was 30s on all of them, and I got 30s exactly on many of them as well. I suspect that is the quickest time that can be recorded.

Comment

Yes, each of the puzzle sizes has a minimum time that it will display. 30s for 3x4s, 34s for 3x5, 50s for 4x4 and so on. There are a handful of puzzles at each difficulty that actually do have lower times, presumably from before the site implemented the minimum times. For example, the 4x7s normally don't have anything below 120s, but there are a few someone managed to solve in something like 70 or 80 seconds.

Comment

That's the question *MY WIFE* keeps asking!

Comment

cheating lol

Comment

some are cheaters but there has been a minimum time added to stop discouraging ppl because of cheaters. there have been a couple of 3x4's that i have solved from anywhere to 25s to 27s. all of those ones were super easy but yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybersycosis View Post
              some are cheaters but there has been a minimum time added to stop discouraging ppl because of cheaters. there have been a couple of 3x4's that i have solved from anywhere to 25s to 27s. all of those ones were super easy but yeah.
              Cheating never occurred to me... I can see how it would discourage cheating, but for me it's discouraging to know that no matter how well I do, I'll never see my name in the "best score" list. The player named 'fromalabama' has all the high scores already. I mean, kudos to you alabama (sincerely), but I'm kind of sick of seeing your name on each and every puzzle. (Sorry!)

I'd love it if Logic Puzzles did high scores the way Star Battles does.

Comment

Working...
              X