Frequent site crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent site crashing

Is anyone else having issues with the website frequently crashing? It seems to happen almost every time I try to solve a puzzle. The page freezes, then reloads. Usually it will happen over and over again. The problem used to be infrequent, but in the past two weeks has become so bad that I almost never get to finish a puzzle before it happens. It is totally possible that there is an issue with my iPad, which is old, or Internet, which is unreliable. But the problem only seems to occur on this website. Is anyone else having similar issues lately?

This is a common issue with iPads, especially older ones. The best explanation I've found is that it is a result of low memory, and sometimes closing all other background applications, as well as other currently-open tabs within your web browser, can help.

Upgrading to a premium account may also help in your situation as it will remove all advertising and significantly reduce the total amount of memory required for each page to load. I'll upgrade your account now (free of charge) for the next 24 hours - this should remove all ads while you remain logged in. Please let me know if that helps.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I've been having the same issue the last 2 weeks. I exclusively play from my laptop and other websites never crash, so I don't think it's your ipad

Comment

It’s the ads on mobile browser. I had to play with an ad blocker for a while which solved the problem, and eventually I just upgraded to a paid membership. No problems since.

Comment

Hmm, interesting to see it happening to a non-iPad. That does lead me to think there could be a bad ad in the system that may be causing memory overload on some systems. The next time you experience a browser crash please see if you can tell which ad or ads were loading (or just loaded) when it happened, and I will send a report to our ad management company to investigate.
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

If it helps, it always seems to happen right as you're about to submit a puzzle solution. The animated ad near the submit button refreshes," and the whole browser session acts as if you've refreshed the page. It should be pretty easy to replicate -- playing on an iPhone 15 with ios 17, it happened probably 2 or 3 out of every 5 games, before I became premium.

Comment

I have been having this issue. Windows 11, in Edge, getting an error to the effect of "this site is not loading" with the option to wait or exit. It'll go away then come back and I have to hit wait to be able to continue playing. I haven't noticed it with certain ads.

Comment

I've never had a problem before but the last couple of days it's been doing it to me too. It won't let me click on things for a while, will come up with the not responding message and/or the whole page crashed and said not enough memory. I haven't had trouble with any other websites, including videos. I'm using a laptop with google chrome.

Comment

Similar issues with Chrome on a desktop. The task manager shows Chrome is running a bazillion (approximately) tasks, some of which are consuming nearly all of the RAM. When PB isn't open, it all calms down.

Comment

I have opened an issue with our ad provider, as it seems the problem is coming from there. In the meantime I'll bump up everyone who's complained about slowdowns/crashes here to a 1 week premium account, free of charge - that will remove all ads and should fix the problem for you immediately.

Comment

Our ad management company has rolled out a fix for this issue about an hour ago. Please let me know if you continue to experience problems.

Comment

Thank you Admin! That's very kind of you. I will update if I continue to have issues after. Planning on upgrading as soon as I'm able, have a great New Year!

Comment

Thanks so much for your help! It's working well now, will let you know if happens again.

Comment

This is still happening - 12/25. 12:35 PM EST.

Comment

Chrome is impossible to use lately. Crashes & stalls. Edge is better but still not good. Very frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X