Bk3 #59 smarphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bk3 #59 smarphones

I’m half way through this puzzle but just stuck. An anyone give me a hint? I’d post a picture but it won’t let me.

Without seeing your grid, I can only guess what might have stopped your progress. The "Of this and that, one is ..." clues are the clues that have lots of negative relations that are easily missed. So I am guessing that Clues 2 and 6 might hold the key to your solution.

Puzzle number 59 in book 3 is a 4x5 puzzle.

From Clue 2, you know that 4GB cannot be Lunia V2, and $75 cannot be Pegasus. From Clue 6, you know that Lunia V2 cannot be Alphalon II, and $225 cannot be Technitron. Those four negative relations are the obvious relations.

To find the not-so-obvious negative relations, there are four additional checks that have to be done for each clue. The checks for Clue 2 follow, and using the same logic pattern, you can perform the checks for Clue 6.

Restating Clue 2:

$75 can only be 4GB or the allowable storage for Lunia V2. (Answers the question: "What storage can be paired with $75?") Note that Clue 1 helps a lot on this one.
    $75 can only be Lunia V2 or the allowable phones for 4GB. (Answers the question: "What phone can be paired with $75?")
    Pegasus can only be 4GB or the allowable storage for Lunia V2. (Answers the question: "What storage can be paired with Pegasus?") Note that Clue 1 helps a lot on this one too.
    Pegasus can only be Lunia V2 or the allowable phones for 4GB. (Answers the question: "What phone can be paired with Pegasus?")

After doing many, many puzzles with clues of this type, you will start to see these four checks visually.​

Comment

Working...
    X