Puzzles with images/and pause button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzles with images/and pause button

This may have been brought up before, but i would like to see puzzles with images... A pause button would be wonderful. There are times i have to leave to go do something and it can't wait until i have finished the puzzle, so when i do come back and finish it, i've lost the game because time kept going... thank you!

I agree. It plays merry h... with my average scores. I get too many grids with like 3,000+ seconds because of a phone call, or my wife needs me to do something.

Comment

i don't think anyone has responded to this message except you. It would be nice to have these options one day

Comment

My guess is that there is no pause button because it could be abused by someone starting a puzzle, pausing, solving on paper, and then quickly finishing. Maybe not as pertinent on something like Numbergrids but would be very possible on other puzzles such as logic puzzles. I agree it would be nice to pause, but I don't see that feature being added for that reason.

Comment

I understand what you are saying, but it is not a good enough reason, as it is always possible to take a screen shot, solve, and fill the retry. To my mind, some "players" might already be doing this. (Begs the question - Why would this hypothetical "player" compete if they are starting to run at the finish line? )

Comment

Originally posted by aufbau8884 View Post
            My guess is that there is no pause button because it could be abused by someone starting a puzzle, pausing, solving on paper, and then quickly finishing. Maybe not as pertinent on something like Numbergrids but would be very possible on other puzzles such as logic puzzles. I agree it would be nice to pause, but I don't see that feature being added for that reason.
            Your point is well taken and has been mentioned by other players in other threads (along with a "Surrender" button). I have never seen a response to any of those requests from ADMIN. I've played other puzzle sites that DO have a pause button. It freezes everything (including the time clock) and also 'veils' the puzzle so you can't see clues, partial solutions, etc. while getting 'answers' using another open window.
            When you unpause, you're right where you were, without penalty.
            That said, just like the real world, if there's a way to cheat... Cheaters play here and there's nothing we can do about it. ADMIN doesn't care...site is essential set up and ignore. This is further evidenced by the several Acrostics having words with no clues, misspellings, etc . They have been repeatedly reported in the Comments window and Forums over the last 2-3 years with no ADMIN action or response.

Comment

That is true but there are games out there where they cover the game while it is paused so you couldn't cheat, but then again there's always a way around that too. unless you could make it to where you couldn't screen shot it. i've seen that as well, but i understand what you are saying. it would be very nice to have that feature.

Comment

Working...
              X