High scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High scores

I see some players have started using puzzle comments to post their high scores. Fantastic - I think they deserve to be lauded. Perhaps the developers will consider just displaying the current high score player on each puzzle?

A leaderboard ranking by current number of best times "owned" would also create an interesting challenge. I for one would love to see where I stand.

Apparently you're right, maybe posting its own scores in the comments isn't the greatest idea. On the other hand, what kind of useful/smart/funny comment should be posted by users? "Wow, t'was a challenge!" or "A hint - start with the 5th column, 2nd row" or maybe "the pattern in this puzzle reminds me my mother-in-law's face"... Is it OK for you?
    So, please don't criticize other user's comments if the site developers don't mind it.
    Anyways, high score ranking for a single puzzle it's a very good idea! I'd love to see my nickname there

Comment

I just added a new post (Skewed graph?) and found this old one. I belatedly realised that some players would want a record of their score so that when the puzzle comes around again they could track improvement. At least that's what I use it for, but I have only had 2 repeats so far.

I started with the format [MY NAME] [PB for personal best] [TIME]. I soon realised that it's a little absurd to include my name and PB each time because my name is in the post header anyway but I just continued for the sake of consistency.

I also like to come across the regular posters and try to imagine who they are as people. I very seldom beat their score and it gives me a little thrill when I do manage a faster time.

Oh, Peeroog there is definitely no criticism intended! In fact I like the practice and do it myself.
      Last edited by Robin; 01-26-2015, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I think it would be nice to see on my profile how many records I have for a given numbergrid size. It could look something like this:

2021-09-11_13-21-14_441x240.png
        It could be nice to see them as numbers and as percents (so we know how many records we have out of the total number of grids for a given grid size).​

Comment

Totally agree! I’ve noticed some players using puzzle comments to brag about their high scores, and it’s awesome to see that. It’d be cool if the devs showed the top player for each puzzle. A leaderboard based on the best times would be a fun addition too—I’d be really curious to see how I compare to others!

Comment

Working...
          X