Welcome to the new site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the new site!

Welcome to our newest site... Star Battles! As always, whenever we release a new puzzle site there are bound to be a few bugs and strange behaviors that slipped through our pre-launch tests - so if you notice anything unusual or incorrect on the new site at https://starbattle.puzzlebaron.com please let us know either here or directly via an email to admin@puzzlebaron.com.

Thanks as always!
    Stephen
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

I already love these puzzles! I have already been looking for new and different strategies in my half-an-hour of playing this. I still need to look for some strategies for two and three stars since I've been trying to master the 1 star puzzles.

Comment

​​I received an odd hint. It says two stars go into the red grid, but only one star can go in that area.
      Even if I placed two stars into the red area, both could be at the right side, leaving the yellow square that's highlighted in blue free to have a star.
      Confusion all around on this hint.

WhatIsThisHint.png

Also having a lot of trouble uploading this image and having my comment show. :(
      Attached Files
      Last edited by margotbean; 11-01-2022, 12:56 AM.

Comment

This is a two-star puzzle (notice the two black stars at the top-right). This means there must be two stars in every row, column, and shape. The same rule applies as well, no star can touch another, so the only way 2 stars can fit in the 4-square red area is either:

X - X -
        - X - X
        X - - X

Either way, all four squares immediately above the red bar must be eliminated (as they will always touch one of those stars), and all four squares immediately below must be eliminated (for the same reason).
        Last edited by lilsanity; 11-01-2022, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I've had some trouble with some puzzles (Particularly the 8x8 1 star because that's what I've been doing) having more than one possible solution, but the game only accepts one. Next time I get one like that I'll upload screenshots.

Comment

Hi Eastyn -

Please do post a screenshot the next time you feel there is more than one solution. We have run all of our puzzles through numerous checks to make sure they each have one unique solution, so I would be surprised if any actually do have multiple solutions - but anything is possible! If any invalid puzzles got through our vetting process I'd definitely want to find and remove them.

Remember though: for the 8x8 puzzles, there must be one star in each row, column and shape, and no two stars can touch each other, even diagonally. I did see your comment come through for that one puzzle you felt had 3 valid solutions, but I double checked it and it does indeed have just one unique valid solution.
            If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by lilsanity View Post
              This is a two-star puzzle (notice the two black stars at the top-right). This means there must be two stars in every row, column, and shape.
              And I complain that people don't read directions. LOL
              Thank you very much, that was an unexpected rule. Mea culpa. ;)

Comment

I very well could just be not very good at these puzzles and just struggling to spot my mistakes lol. I have yet to see any others that I feel have more than one solution, so there's a good chance I just hadn't gotten the hang of them yet.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Eastyn; 11-02-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

My time when I finish a puzzle often doesn't match what gets put in the "Fastest Solvers" table for the puzzle.

Screenshot below, with inset of puzzle number from my "Recent Games" list.

I can post more screenshots when it happens. It doesn't seem to follow a pattern, except I haven't noticed it happening if I have the fastest time.

Thank you!

(Edit: I have no idea how many points I was actually awarded)

StarBattleTimingOff.png

Screenshot #2:
                  StarBattleTimingOff2.png

Screenshot #3:
                  StarBattleTimingOff3.png

The time recorded on my "Recent Games" list is always the time at the top, not the one in the "Fastest Solvers" table.
                  Last edited by margotbean; 11-14-2022, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Margot -

It looks like these are all puzzles that you've solved more than once - the "Fastest Solve" time displayed in the bottom list in each of those cases appears to be from an earlier solve date, assuming you've made all of these screenshots this week.

This is happening a bit more frequently at the moment because I've yet to release the full library of puzzles to the live site. By the first week of December I expect the full library to be ready for release and repeats like these should occur much less frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                      Hi Margot -
                      It looks like these are all puzzles that you've solved more than once - the "Fastest Solve" time displayed in the bottom list in each of those cases appears to be from an earlier solve date, assuming you've made all of these screenshots this week.
                      OMG, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at my own inability to know what date it is! Well, that's how it is when you're semi-retired. :D :D
                      Thank you for the response, all the best to you! And thanks for the update on this veeeeery popular new game. :) XO <3 <3

Comment

Working...
                      X