Annoying & disruptive Verizon Pop-up ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying & disruptive Verizon Pop-up ad

I started playing Star Battles in the last couple days, however, a Verizon ad keeps popping up and covering the whole screen. When that happens, my only choices are to click "ok" on the add to begin some questionnaire, and the other choice is to backout or x out of the ad, which them immediately takes me to the Star Battles landing page, completing leaving & loosing the current game in progress. I play many other games via other apps and this is the only one this occurs with. Is there a setting where I can minimize the ads or stop this from happening. I have added a screen shot from last night and the first one this morning.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Thank you for posting these screenshots! I've forwarded them to our ad management company now for immediate investigation - obviously this sort of ad should never appear on the site. In order to stop the problem for you immediately I've bumped you up to no-ads premium status for the next 4 days. Please let me know if the issue persists even with ads disabled.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Thank you for the fast reply and bump up. I will let you know if it persists. :)

Comment

It’s still happening. Here’s the Toyota ad that just ended my game.

Comment

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Here are five screenshots of various ads that have disrupted my games in the last month or so. Chrome on Android, no ad blocker. I finally downloaded mobile Firefox and installed an ad blocker on it and I don't get the ads anymore, though Firefox doesn't work quite as well with the game (uglier, less responsive, and dragging from the lines between boxes drags the screen). Since I'm not supporting the site by buying a membership, I really would prefer to leave ads on in order to let the site get that revenue for my traffic, but these gamebreaking ads are just not worth it.

They come up from the bottom of the screen and cover most of it. They don't have an x-out button, just a "scroll to continue with content" notification at the bottom (which can't be done - the page won't scroll far enough to close the ad). They stay up for about 30 seconds before closing themselves, but they often pop back up a few seconds to half a minute after closing. They've popped up from multiple different countries (VPN with different country's servers), so if it's a localized thing, it's local to more than just one place.
            This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Thank you for posting these! I've sent a complaint to our ad provider and have now included these screenshots in the thread. I've also bumped you both up to premium (ad free) for the next several days to make these stop appearing for you immediately.

I apologize for this. We specifically have code on our game pages to prevent any intrusive ads from ever appearing, and obviously this code is not working as it should. Our ad provider tends to respond pretty quickly to issues like these so I hope to have a resolution as soon as possible.
              If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Still happening.

Comment

Thanks Acustatic - I'm very sorry this keeps happening. I've bumped you back up to premium for the next week and have sent your screenshot to our ad provider. They said they were confident they had eliminated the source several days ago but obviously there's still someone on the network sending these bad ads.

Comment

Hadn’t happened in awhile, but got another McDonalds pop up ad blocking play this morning. I can’t upload the photo because the file size is too large, unfortunately.

Comment

In the interim, if an ad makes you back out of a game, you can recover the game under the recent games tab. It'll still negatively impact your time I think, but at least you'll get to complete the puzzle.

Comment

Happened again this morning. This time I have the pic. Come on, guys.

Comment

Happening to me too. Annoying ad to visit Tennessee that covers almost the whole page and can't be removed. Doesn't go away until I refresh the page and reset my puzzle. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix it!!!

Comment

Still happening with ads coverings the whole screen. Has happened to each of my last 5-10 games. Very discouraging and annoying that the only option is to lose my in-progress game

Comment

And again... here's screenshots...
                              This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X