help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

Hi, any way to solve this one without the "try and error" approach?
    Doesnt seem possible as there is no pattern whatsoever
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

In the second row, fifth column, the candidates are a 1 and 4. If the 1 is chosen, there will be a chain of eliminations that will lead to the 8 in the fifth row, fifth column being eliminated. That will eliminate both candidates in that box which violates a constraint.

The 1 in the fifth row, fifth column is eliminated by the 1 that was chosen, and the 8 is eliminated by the 8 in the fifth row, seventh column.

The big clue here is that there are a lot of rows, columns, and boxes that have only two 1s. That means selecting a 1 somewhere is going to cause a chain reaction which either violates a constraint or is part of the solution. Any 1s that are part of the chain that violates a constraint can be removed.

I guess this could be called a guess and check move instead of pure deduction, but if the definitions of such things are flexible, maybe not.

There is a pattern. Many rows, columns and boxes have candidate pairs where if one is eliminated, the other has to be the solution.
    Last edited by zenobia43; 10-28-2023, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Hi does anyone one know what this " implode(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, string given"error means , i am getting it when clicking submit after finishing a sudoku ?/

Comment

This should be fixed now - thanks for catching this bug! Please let me know if you continue to experience any problems.
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

That's the exact same thing I've been getting over in Crossworders every time I finish. Hasn't recorded my scores at all.

Comment

Why can't I see the number keys in sudoku?

Comment

Working...
            X