Penalty Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty Error

In Vector Puzzles, whenever I drag an arrow inadvertently over where another arrow has already been placed and it replaces that arrow, I will obviously correct the issue by dragging the overwritten arrow back to where it was. Whenever I do this, even if everything is in a previously-verified correct position, if I click the "Check Errors" button it will detect one error and add the associated penalty even though nothing on the board has changed.

Thank you for catching that! I've added code now that should fix this issue - please let me know if it continues to happen for you though.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Unfortunately, it's happened to me a few times today.

Comment

It is still an issue as of this writing.

Comment

Hmm, I'm still unable to replicate the issue since the code fix was released. Here's a video cast of what I'm doing to replicate:

Direct link for the video, easier to see it full screen: Vector Puzzle Debug - YouTube

I'm extending vectors from the 8 in all directions and checking errors to make sure it gets shortened to the exact right lengths. Then I run a down vector from the 2 so that it crosses a known-to-be-correct vector from 8, but then I retract it back to the starting point and release so that it is never set. Then I check errors, and no error is found.

If you're still able to replicate this issue please tell me what I can do that's different from the above in order to replicate it on my end so that I can keep working on this bug fix. Thank you!
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

In that same puzzle, drag the 8 up to the top (correct position), then take the 2 that's in the top left corner and drag and place its vector to overlap the 8 and release the mouse to set it there, which should cause the 8 to retract back by 1 space. Instead of dragging the 2 back to its starting position, drag the 8 back up to overwrite the 2's position, then check errors, and it should produce the penalty error.

Comment

Ah, gotcha - I'm able to replicate it now using that method. Thank you!

Comment

A new code patch has been applied to the hint engine - please let me know if this issue is now resolved for you.

Comment

The error appears to be resolved! Thanks for the support.

Comment

Great to hear it. Please let me know if you see any similar bugs pop up again. I've also upgraded your account to premium (ad free) for a month as a small thank you for your continued help in catching and isolating this bug.

Cheers!
                    Stephen

Comment

Working...
                    X