No announcement yet.

Favourite words found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUBINFEUDATORY, because I like to geek out about English legal history.

Comment

I found a new one, from metagrabolization:
      metagrabolizers
      metagrobolizers
      (humorous) Concealers, mystifiers, obfuscators.

Comment

I didn't actually find this one, but saw it as time expired: ABSEILERS. (It wouldn't have been the longest or highest scoring word on the board. But I've done a bit of rock climbing.)

Comment

I was amused and pleasantly surprised when BADASS went through. After the game I saw the board had been played 19 times and there it was shining back at me in green.

Comment

Originally posted by JMike View Post
            I was amused and pleasantly surprised when BADASS went through. After the game I saw the board had been played 19 times and there it was shining back at me in green.
            At one point last month I found and got credit for MOFO and MOFOS.

Comment

I've mentioned this before but there is one board where you can find doob, doobs, doobie and doobies and they all count...........

Comment

Not the highest scoring (26 I think) but STOMACHFULNESS was a fun find just now. Too bad there wasn't another ES to tack on.

Comment

Lalatan would recognize this board as he holds the record -- found PALAEOANTHROPOLOGISTS (40) and even had enough time to type in the singular plus sing/plural versions of PALEOANTHROPOLOGISTS. Total score 152 points for 4 words. I'm sure that's a new record for me!

Comment

Congrats on your new personal best mcdonna! One more step up and you will have reached the summit of Everest for 4 word scores: REINSTITUTIONALIZATIONS (45), REINSTITUTIONALIZATION (45), INSTITUTIONALIZATIONS (43), INSTITUTIONALIZATION (27) for a total of 160 pts. Enjoy the quest.

Comment

I just found TETRAHYDROCANNABINOLS (32 pts.)
                      I swear I didn't know the word beforehand (and have no experience with the substance ). I started with the "hydro" part and kept adding letters that seemed to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                        Congrats on your new personal best mcdonna! One more step up and you will have reached the summit of Everest for 4 word scores: REINSTITUTIONALIZATIONS (45), REINSTITUTIONALIZATION (45), INSTITUTIONALIZATIONS (43), INSTITUTIONALIZATION (27) for a total of 160 pts. Enjoy the quest.
                        Sweet! You are the boss!

And Kate, nice job on THC!

Comment

Originally posted by crazykate View Post
                          I just found TETRAHYDROCANNABINOLS (32 pts.)
                          I swear I didn't know the word beforehand (and have no experience with the substance ). I started with the "hydro" part and kept adding letters that seemed to make sense.
                          Nice fabrication job Kate! Recently I spotted -METRIC but didn't see any of the usual suspects so I started tacking on prefixes and came up with BIOTELEMETRIC for 24 pts. It's always satisfying when you throw something together and it's accepted.

Comment

I was happy to be the first to find CAPRICCIO in a 4x4 that had been played 50 times. Would have been the longest word if I hadn't also found CHIROPRACTIC (best and longest). Capriccio was my favourite find though.

Comment

JEBEL. I try loan words often, but I didn't seriously expect this one to work. (I grew up in the UAE, so am always happy when an Arabic loanword scores points.)

Comment

Another brand-name turned generic: VEGEMITES

Comment

Working...
                                X