Favourite words found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonGuy47 View Post
    I love how the world is falling apart, and we're still talking about finding cool words
    Maybe now's a good time to find CATACLYSMICALNESSES.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post

Maybe now's a good time to find CATACLYSMICALNESSES.
      HYPERPANDEMICIZATION

or for the Brits

HYPERPANDEMICISATION
      Last edited by mcdonna; 03-13-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

For those who favor conspiracy theories, hyperpseudoepidemiology.

Comment

My newest find:
          MEALYMOUTHEDNESSES (34 pts.)

Comment

Originally posted by crazykate View Post
            My newest find:
            MEALYMOUTHEDNESSES (34 pts.)
            18 letters?!?! That's incredible!

Comment

Wow really great finds by everyone.

Comment

I found an unlikely word: RESURRECTIONISE. I didn't expect it to work, I was going for resurrectionist, but couldn't find the last T, so I veered over to the E instead. The dictionary didn't even have an entry for it, but I got 28 points and a new record.

Comment

Umm, this is rather uninspired compared to everyone else's labyrinthine* and innovatory* words, but I would like to point out that I just played a board that 22 -- twenty-two -- people had played before me, and I was the first person to find INTERCOURSE. The irony. The disbelief. You can bet I made a screen shot of that one. (I hope that isn't illegal.)

*Yes, I used the thesaurus

Comment

And while I am feeling brash enough to come out of hiding briefly, I will wistfully remember the 4x4 board where I found HABERDASHERY last month. My second-favorite word ever. (CANTANKEROUSNESS is simply the best.) Alas, I was so excited I got all fluttery and did not see that it had a plural (for 14 letters and 16 points). So much for the February 2020 records.

And off I go. Anyone else having trouble sleeping these days? Thank goodness for this game.

Comment

Nice job, currerbell! I didn't know that INNOVATORY was a word ... will have to keep eyes open for it.

Comment

I found it before and I just played it again yesterday for 32 pts/2 records: OVOVIVIPAROUSNESS. The first time I couldn't remember the exact spelling of it so tried about 5 times to get it right but now it's locked into my brain.

Last month
                        I spotted -phobias on a board along with 2 m's to-
                        gether. I came up with SYMMETROPHOBIAS for 28 pts/2 records. Never heard of it before......... Building words I never heard of before is 1 of the fun-
                        nest aspects of playing this game for me. I wonder how many pe-
                        ople are affected by
                        this phobia worldwide................................... I'm certainly not.
                        They must break out in a cold sweat every time they see a document in justified format.
                        Last edited by lalatan; 03-15-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

lalatan, like you, I love building words that I've never seen before. However, I can't imagine that I would ever have cobbled OVOVIVIPAROUSNESS together. Now, of course, I'll look for the plural.

On another note, I was kind of under the impression that, since the migration last year, editing posts automatically made them spam. Obviously that's not true.

Comment

Actually, Spike, I knew that word from hearing or seeing it somewhere before. It was only the second word I never heard before.

lol, I tempted the system 1 too many times. I changed 1 line in my previous post because it was symmetrical with 1 other line. Now it's spam. Since Stephen may never approve it, here's the original post now hidden from view:

I found it before and I just played it again yesterday for 32 pts/2 records: OVOVIVIPAROUSNESS. The first time I couldn't remember the exact spelling of it so tried about 5 times to get it right but now it's locked into my brain.

Last month
                            I spotted -phobias on a board along with 2 m's to-
                            gether. I came up with SYMMETROPHOBIAS for 28 pts/2 records. Never heard of it before......... Building words I never heard of before is 1 of the funnest as-
                            pects of playing this game for me. I wonder how many people are affected by
                            this phobia worldwide. I'm certainly not.
                            They must break out in a cold sweat every time they see a document in justified format.

Last edited by lalatan; 03-15-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                              Last month I spotted -phobias on a board along with 2 m's together. I came up with SYMMETROPHOBIAS for 28 pts/2 records. Never heard of it before......... Building words I never heard of before is 1 of the funnest as-
                              pects of playing this game for me. I wonder how many people are affected by
                              this phobia worldwide. I'm certainly not.
                              They must break out in a cold sweat every time they see a document in justified format. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                              I have the opposite problem ... I'm ASYMMETRIPHOBIC.

Comment

APOCALYPTICISMS must be my new favourite. I'm not quite sure what it means, though, the dictionary link wasn't helpful at all. Would toilet paper jokes count as apocalypticisms, do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X