Favourite words found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite "word": XENOMORPH. It wasn't accepted
    Also someone play JEWELLED on https://wordtwist.puzzlebaron.com/ht...5da21587497296
    as long as it isn't prohibited
    Last edited by walden123; 04-22-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I just played ZILLIONAIRES for 25 pts/2 records. Although a b was close by, there was no opportunity (alas) to play BAZILLIONAIRES. I imagine worldwide government deficits from COVID-19 (especially with a 2nd or 3rd wave) will burgeon into the zillion bazillion gazillions range.
      Last edited by lalatan; 04-23-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I just played a board where the best/longest word was 18 pts/10 letters. I was looking for an -ation word. I saw CRUSTATION but knew from experience that was an 18 pt word so I kept looking. I noticed the word round backwards across the bottom and it flowed into ROUNDABOUT up the left side. I wondered if it could somehow be joined with -ation so I tried ROUNDABOUTATION. I lol'ed when it was accepted! Submitted the game with 75 seconds left and checked the def'n in lexic.us but nothing there. Oxford advised it is speaking in a roundabout manner; circumlocution. I am going to work that word into a conversation for sure!
        Last edited by lalatan; 05-26-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Really cool find. I would have never guessed that would have worked.

Comment

I've tried some fairly weird combinations, but I really doubt that would have occurred to me. And if it did, I probably would have decided that it didn't have a chance & wasn't worth even typing it in. Good job!

Comment

Thanks fasteddieb and Spike!

fasteddie, I checked your scorecard this morning and calculated you are averaging 1,251 pts/game over 63 games!! I have seen many usernames similar to Bogglequeen or king but you seem to be the only 1 who lives up to your advance billing. Just a suggestion but have you ever considered changing to "incomprehensiblyfasteddieb"? My brain can't comprehend that kind of speed and skill even though I've watched your video. To me it's like watching the world champ solve a Rubik's cube under 7 seconds. I just watched it but can hardly believe it happened.

P.S. I stitched together 2 Frankenstein words late last night: RADIOCHROMATOGRAMS and BIOSTRATIGRAPHICAL, both 34/18. Always fun to find words like that.
              Last edited by lalatan; 05-27-2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Man, I don't think I can reach a point of putting words like those together, lalatan. Do you have a medical PHD or something? lol Also Fasteddieb, where is your video? Seems like I might have seen it at one point, but can't find it right now. Can't imagine averaging such high scores.. I'd have to have an icredibly large board to have a shot at 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Surge2169 View Post
                  Man, I don't think I can reach a point of putting words like those together, lalatan. Do you have a medical PHD or something? lol Also Fasteddieb, where is your video? Seems like I might have seen it at one point, but can't find it right now. Can't imagine averaging such high scores.. I'd have to have an icredibly large board to have a shot at 1000.
                  I think a 6x6 board might be enough for me, if I had a long enough time limit. Fifteen minutes might do it. But I have the feeling that if fasteddieb played the same board under the same rules as me, he'd still get at least twice as many words and points. Any board and any time limit that allowed me to average 1,250 points would see fasteddieb averaging 2,500 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

I think a 6x6 board might be enough for me, if I had a long enough time limit. Fifteen minutes might do it. But I have the feeling that if fasteddieb played the same board under the same rules as me, he'd still get at least twice as many words and points. Any board and any time limit that allowed me to average 1,250 points would see fasteddieb averaging 2,500 or more.
                    I don't think I would get that many points. Maybe 2000. I tend to run out of steam at 3 minutes. I'd have to start learning new words before I get anywhere close to 2,500 points. Also, I've been playing wordament on MUWG and I've gotten worse at wordtwist since the dictionaries aren't exactly the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surge2169 View Post
                      Here's a video I did a couple of years ago

Comment

• Nice work! Do you mind if I ask what type of keyboard you use? I have a newer laptop with a "chiclet" style keyboard that doesn't provide much keystroke "depth". I remember the older "mechanical" type keyboards that typically came with desktops had/have a much deeper key travel depth and I just wonder if I might be able to type more accurately on the mechanical type? I find that the super shallow key depth on my laptop lends itself to a lot of typing mistakes. I'd never be able to achieve your speed no matter what I do but I am genuinely interested to hear about your keyboard.........

Cheers,

Russ

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
                          Nice work! Do you mind if I ask what type of keyboard you use? I have a newer laptop with a "chiclet" style keyboard that doesn't provide much keystroke "depth". I remember the older "mechanical" type keyboards that typically came with desktops had/have a much deeper key travel depth and I just wonder if I might be able to type more accurately on the mechanical type? I find that the super shallow key depth on my laptop lends itself to a lot of typing mistakes. I'd never be able to achieve your speed no matter what I do but I am genuinely interested to hear about your keyboard.........

Cheers,

Russ
                          The crazy thing is I don't usually use that keyboard and took a little to get used to it. I didn't know how to record and my brother had experience streaming games online so I used his computer and keyboard. I asked him and apparently it was the Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard 2002~2005 version. I know what you mean with the "mechanical" keyboards having a better touch sense. I haven't played using this type of keyboard in a while so I can't really say whether or not it a) helps with typos b) if the mechanical nature of it helps or slows you down.
                          That keyboard lasted at least 12 years just looking at when I took the video. He's using a different keyboard now.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply--I think you had posted a different video sometime in the past where there was a distinct "clickety-clack" sound in the background as you were furiously typing away

That's why I asked--I was wondering if you were still using the old style keyboard...............it sounds like from your post that you must also be using the newer "chiclet" style laptop keyboard these days? No worries if you don't want to reveal any trade secrets

Best,

Russ

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
                              Thanks for the reply--I think you had posted a different video sometime in the past where there was a distinct "clickety-clack" sound in the background as you were furiously typing away

That's why I asked--I was wondering if you were still using the old style keyboard...............it sounds like from your post that you must also be using the newer "chiclet" style laptop keyboard these days? No worries if you don't want to reveal any trade secrets

Best,

Russ
                              maybe this is the video:

Comment

• That it is--I was one of your two likes

Comment

Working...
                                X