X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnAkaMrP
    replied
    Originally posted by Naboka View Post
    This has got to be the longest fumbled word I've ever done that accidentally turned out to be accepted.

Was trying to type tsareviches. How the extra es got typed, haven't a clue.

Oh well...

thank you clumsy fingers.

cracks me up.

Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 3.16.03 PM.png
    That's amazing Naboka. I think I said more or less the same thing some many months ago, but I feel like I remember being competitive with you at a point in time, but you improved markedly with light-speed, and I've been reduced to an also-ran on any boards that you've played. You have superb both typing and word finding skills. The words I play are typically 3-7 letters and reasonably common, and getting 8+ letter plus words is a victory for me. Meanwhile, you've moved on and find words like tsareviches (which the forum flags as a misspelling by the way :O) ). I wish I had your skills!

Leave a comment:

• dannyb
    replied
    In sports, bagled means you were shut out (a bagel's shape represents zero).

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    I had to look it up myself. It was... enlightening. :-)

'Bageling' Means Many Things — Not All of Them Fit for Family Paper – The Forward

Leave a comment:

• crazykate
    replied
    Originally posted by DrPlacebo View Post
    I did not expect BAGELED to score points.
    What does it mean? Did you look it up?

Leave a comment:

• DrPlacebo
    replied
    I did not expect BAGELED to score points.

Leave a comment:

• ruthenium
    replied
    In French, a dream is une rêve so it makes sense to this rêveuse!!
    Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Yeah, it isn't going into my memory banks. Probably never see it again. Simply one of those mistakes that rarely turn beneficial.

Just played one of those oh-really games where you wonder how the rarity classifications occur. I hear/read the word recuse fairly frequently, so didn't bother to enter it, but it was classified as rare.

Rare?

I've only seen reveuse (s) a few times in my life, probably decades ago (when I was reading more and studying French) but it was classified as wide here.

When has anyone here ever ever run across reveuses?

Lovely word that means a dreamer, often a female daydreamer.

Not that I want the classifications redone. Finding head scratchers adds an interesting flavor to the game. And I sure don't want to have to relearn what fits in which category again. That would be a deal breaker. Putting up with oddities is just part of life.

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 11.10.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 11.10.25 AM.png

Leave a comment:

• BoggleOtaku
    replied
    Surprised than MICRONIZE is a word.

Leave a comment:

• RussDNails
    replied
    Reveuses at least for me would be a little easier to remember so I'm writing it down. It probably does show up here but never played it since I didn't know it was a word Thanks for the intel.

Mistyping a "real" word happens more often than you might think..........I've picked up quite a few oddballs this way over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
    Nice work! I keep a list of words that I try to commit to memory but I'm not even going to bother with this one, just too hard to burn the "tsesar" sequence in my brain.......
    Yeah, it isn't going into my memory banks. Probably never see it again. Simply one of those mistakes that rarely turn beneficial.

Just played one of those oh-really games where you wonder how the rarity classifications occur. I hear/read the word recuse fairly frequently, so didn't bother to enter it, but it was classified as rare.

Rare?

I've only seen reveuse (s) a few times in my life, probably decades ago (when I was reading more and studying French) but it was classified as wide here.

When has anyone here ever ever run across reveuses?

Lovely word that means a dreamer, often a female daydreamer.

Not that I want the classifications redone. Finding head scratchers adds an interesting flavor to the game. And I sure don't want to have to relearn what fits in which category again. That would be a deal breaker. Putting up with oddities is just part of life.

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 11.10.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 11.10.25 AM.png

Leave a comment:

• RussDNails
    replied
    Nice work! I keep a list of words that I try to commit to memory but I'm not even going to bother with this one, just too hard to burn the "tsesar" sequence in my brain.......

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    This has got to be the longest fumbled word I've ever done that accidentally turned out to be accepted.

Was trying to type tsareviches. How the extra es got typed, haven't a clue.

Oh well...

thank you clumsy fingers.

cracks me up.

Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 3.16.03 PM.png

Leave a comment:

• BoggleOtaku
    replied
    I got HYDRAULICKING

Leave a comment:

• Spike1007
    replied
    I just got FLEXITARIANISMS.

Leave a comment:

• BoggleOtaku
    replied
    I was just reading through this thread, noting Spike's -narian find and then found ATTITUDINARIAN as the only 9+ word in a puzzle.

Leave a comment:

• BoggleOtaku
    replied
    It's either a kidney stone abatement procedure or the excitment when you find something unexpected by stumbling over a boulder. ;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X