No announcement yet.

Gallant Efforts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I had much hope, but PUTREFACTOMETERS didn't work. (Maybe that's why they use cadaver dogs.)

Comment

Unfortunately, ELECTROPHANT didn't work. (PHOTOELECTRONS did, but lalatan got there first.)

Comment

kate, I tried ELECTROPHANT (an electronic elephant??) first on that board too! I like that moment of anticipation just before I hit the enter key after typing in something outlandish to see if it actually works.

Today I tried BENEDICITIES but it was rejected. Strangely enough, the next game I spotted -cities again and came up with CYTOPATHOGENICITIES, which was valid. I don't recall that happening to me before.
        Last edited by lalatan; 12-23-2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Neither NERDING nor BEERING works, even though I see both used on a pretty regular basis.

Comment

GERBILITIES isn't a word.

Neither is PARTICULATION.

(two separate boards)

Comment

Although DISAMBIGUATION(S) counts, AMBIGUATION(S) doesn't.

Neither does LEGUMATION, which I was imagining might have something to do with beans.

Comment

okay, that made me laugh out loud...there are sooooo many things that have to do with beans....and on the lyrics thing...."I'm a little bean, small and round" (remember I teach kindergarten so I'm not going with "the magical fruit" song)...I personally think that we should pave the way to legitimising Legumation, because nearly everyone in my house has gone keto...I miss carbs and things that grow underground..."Ha, Ha, I'm underground.."

Comment

always look for the positive though...the title of this post is not a disambiguation (hey....does that mean that it is an...ambiguation?)

Comment

I had to try GOATLESS.

Comment

At least according to the dictionary here, EVILISM is not an actual ideology.

Comment

Tried MEGATASSE, because I needed a lot more coffee than a demitasse. Nope.

Comment

Coffee is awful. Is there a word like "coffeephobia", or "coffeeadversion"? Nothing I try seems to be a legal word, but there has to be one somewhere. Not everyone likes coffee. I don't particularly like caffeine, either, but other than tasting slightly bitter it's not revolting the way skunk juice is. But let's go further -- does English have a general term to indicate "don't like"? It sure would be handy, a prefix or suffix to indicate "don't like" for heights, sugar, chocolate, cilantro, crowds, solitude, sports (in general or one in particular), blood, violence, and hundreds of other things. There is the "philia" ending to indicate "love of", and the "phobia" ending to indicate "fear of", but what about just preference for or against? I honestly feel English is lacking something rather important. How about in other languages? Agglutinative languages like German or Turkish can just post some word or words to indicate that meaning, but I'm looking for something more elemental -- like attaching "ork" to indicate dislike of, and "num" to indicate like of something. Someone could claim to be coffeeork or coffeenum, and then we'd know exactly and efficiently what is meant.

Comment

oh....bwt1213....I think it best that you seek treatment for your unnatural "dislike" of coffee. Please understand that I am coming from a place of care and concern, when I recommend that, instead of trying to change a language, you seek enlightenment and understanding of your affliction. Maybe look at kinesiology, cognitive therapy, or some such...I am also sorry to point out that having a prefix or suffix for cilantro (corriander) dislike is redundant...you either love it, or hate it.

Oh dear....maybe there is some kind of dermal patch you can purchase for your coffee problem.

Comment

Tried TURBOJURIST. Apparently that's not actually the term for Eastern District of Virginia judges.

Comment

I'm disappointed that MEDIAMANIACS is not a word (and neither are MEDIAMANIAC and MEDIAMANIA) ...

Comment

Working...
                                X