Word not accepted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word not accepted

What a huge disappointment! Ever since I started playing Wordtwist, I have been hoping to be able to use the word "quanked". I finally had a puzzle with the word in it today, but apparently Wordtwist doesn't accept that one.

"Tasso" ought be, but isn't valid.

Comment

Karat isn't accepted, and it's actually a pretty common word. "Carats" are used to measure the size of gemstones, and "karats" are used to measure the purity of gold. One karat is 1/24 part of gold to the whole. 24 karat gold is 100% gold. There are a lot of other honest-to-goodness words that aren't accepted, but this one still bothers me most.

Comment

I was surprised to find that "spork" wasn't accepted. Sporks have been around for a long time and you can still find them in any camping store!

Comment

I tried "spork", and then came here only to discover it already made the list just 14 hours ago. Lol

Comment

I was surprised by the rejection of "spork" as well. I wonder if it is because it is a trademark.

Comment

It has been trademarked several times but the trademark has expired and Spork it is still usually seen capitalized. Maybe it is rejected because of both of these issues?

Comment

Yeah, but what about "karat"?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, I looked up spork in the Merriam-Webster dictionary and it is in there spelled with a lower case. However, even writing this, Google's automatic spellcheck is underlining spork like it's a misspelled word! So I guess it just depends on where you look.

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
                    Yeah, but what about "karat"?
                    I just played karat last board and it was accepted.

Comment

It has been added, then. Good. I'd attempted it just a few days before my post, and had tried it off and on for years, and it was never accepted for me. I know I didn't misspell it all those times, so it's nice to know that I can use it now.

Comment

I could not get ASPENS accepted. I play on a mobile so may have dragged my finger wrong multiple times, but I was careful the last two tries.

Also CREMA was a no-go today.
                        Last edited by bocci; 04-05-2020, 07:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

BROAST not accepted.

Comment

Although I didn't write it down or remember it, so I can't write it here, I did see a word in an answer that was not in my brand-new, library-sized dictionary nor anywhere on line. So I don't know why it was allowed as an answer. And reading the posts here, it appears there are legitimate words that aren't allowed. I also have yet to see a response by the makers of this game (wordtwist) as to the discrepancies being discussed.

Comment

"genomically" is not accepted!

Comment

Working...
                              X