No announcement yet.

Word not accepted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what dictionary we are using at the moment, but generally if a valid word is not accepted and gains the attention of the gods of wordtwisting, next time you try it will be...other times, it's just ...meh...but when it consider the number and amazingnesses of some of the words it does accept, it's a very cool game.

Comment

citings was not accepted

Comment

Neither PUCCINIA nor PUCCINIAS were accepted.
        Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 7.38.46 PM.png
        Puccinia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        Jump to navigationJump to search
        Kingdom: Fungi
        Division: Basidiomycota
        Class: Pucciniomycetes
        Order: Pucciniales
        Family: Pucciniaceae
        Genus: Puccinia
        Pers. (1801)
        Puccinia graminis
        Pers. (1794)
        About 4000
        Puccinia is a genus of fungi. All species in this genus are obligate plant pathogens and are known as rusts.[1] The genus contains about 4000 species.[2]
        Puc·​cin·​ia | \ ˌpəkˈsinēə \Definition of Puccinia

: a very large genus (the type of the family Pucciniaceae) that is sometimes separated into four genera and consists of heteroecious parasitic fungi having 2-celled teliospores whose pedicels do not gelatinize and aecia with a pseudoperidium and including many forms that are destructive to various economic plants
        source:merriam webster

Comment

Flexes was not accepted - flexes muscles, light flexes. Flet was not accepted. Yet many words which are barely English are accepted.

Comment

Spork wasn't accepted I tried it three times

Comment

I can never get Splade or Spork accepted....

Comment

or even Splayde (that's a fancy Splade...)

Comment

RILLER not accepted today.

Comment

Even though ZOOPARASITIC is in their dictionary it was not accepted.

Comment

Bindii.JPG

Bindii define.JPG

Neither "BINDII" nor "BINDIIS" was accepted. Every barefooted Australian knows that bindiis are real!!!

Comment

Flops says this is a really cool game, but I don't feel that way. Look at the words just recently posted that weren't accepted, yet other archaic and/or foreign words are. It goes beyond frustrating and takes some of the joy out of the game. I'm competing only with myself, so not winning isn't the problem.

Comment

The reason Spork is not accepted is because it is a registered trademark and not a real word.

Comment

GOUDA and GOUDAS not accepted today. Am I wrong in being completely surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by Panache2 View Post
                              Flops says this is a really cool game, but I don't feel that way. Look at the words just recently posted that weren't accepted, yet other archaic and/or foreign words are. It goes beyond frustrating and takes some of the joy out of the game. I'm competing only with myself, so not winning isn't the problem.
                              I used to play Scrabble a LOT. I was really good, and I beat everyone. I beat tournament players. And then I discovered the dictionary they use in actual tournaments wasn't a real dictionary. It didn't include a whole lot of words that really were words, even common words. It included things that weren't words at all. The best players memorized every word in the dictionary, and memorized letter lists (letters in alphabetical order and the word or words they make) so they could maximize scores. Vocabulary didn't matter. The dictionary was short and artificial, the rules were stupid, and I quit playing Scrabble except with friends and family. My opinion is that any dictionary for any word game must be at LEAST as complete as the Oxford Unabridged. In addition, any word formed by using ordinary English rules must be accepted unless there is already an equivalent word with the same meaning. So, "unableness" isn't a word because "inability" IS. This game has obvious holes in its dictionary, but you have to recognize that the dictionaries used by a lot of other word games are FAR worse. Complaints that this game's dictionary has faults and threats to leave for another game are pretty self-defeating, because the chances are that the other game will have a worse dictionary and no one there will heed your complaints -- in fact, it's pretty likely that no one will even read your complaints, nor will you have a way to make them.

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

snip ... This game has obvious holes in its dictionary, but you have to recognize that the dictionaries used by a lot of other word games are FAR worse. snip
                                This is so true. I played another online boggle based game and I was woeful. Many, many words that are accepted here were not accepted there.

Comment

Working...
                                X