No announcement yet.

Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I bought my boat, I struggled to find a name... I settled on "onrust", a Dutch word that means restlessness or unrest... my parents were Dutch... and "onrust" was also the name of the first private yacht in the US, so there was a historical element to it as well... it seemed pretty natural to adopt "onrust" as my username after that...

Comment

when a hoarder, crazy cat person, or just someone with poor personal habits is discovered, in Australia (old school) someone suggests that we "send in the Dutch Cleaners" (because they were known for their pristine homes, and very high standards), and for those with a developed palate, Dutch liquorice is a favourite...my only other experiences of the Dutch is wearing clogs for a dance presentation of "Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen", which I thought was in Denmark, which I would assume makes it Danish (and boy oh boy, I love a Danishes!). It's a cool story, onrust, because I would have assumed that it meant you were rusty, or really, really old....(our boat was called Serendipity, but behind MaDa's backs, we called it Booger...it was a distinct green! Thanks for sharing

Comment

OK...I just have to say that you folks are FABULOUS!!! I rarely come to the Forum but I think I'll start hanging here just for the joy of knowing you logophiles! Thanks for being such fun, bright people to lose to!!! With much affection, Railroader66. P.S. I have this name because it keeps me tied down and and better utilized in Europe. P.P.S. I have this weak ego enhancement practice of keeping the list of the top 250 players with the most lifetime points handy. When I beat someone who had previously set a record (most words, most points, best word, and/or longest word) for a specific board, I vainly scratch off their name, bragging to myself that I have "killed" another one of the better players. My therapist tells me I need to do more work on this "issue', but it gives me more pleasure than my therapy sessions do.

Comment

Originally posted by isabllakate1234
          which one do you like the most??
          Go with the real picture...unless it's not really you and you're just an imposter

Comment

Originally posted by isabllakate1234
            Photos b is the real photo of me
            You look somewhat like my younger daughter did, when she was in her twenties or before. She is still lovely, too, and so are you. Enjoy being young and healthy while you can! And no, that's not an instruction to make yourself less healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan

Ok kate, you asked which photo we liked the most so I answered and also added a suggestion. I didn't say it wasn't you. I hear you loud and clear though; that's the last BS you'll hear from me.
              Something about the response from this lady/girl doesn't pass the smell test with me. I was clearly joking when I said she might be an imposter, hence the emoji. This is ridiculous. I notice that her posts have miraculously disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxmoses1234
                Wow are you going to talk shit about me and if you are wounding i had to change everything on here cuz i got hack
                I am sorry i am dug baby and my English is very poor
                i have learning disability so if i was you i would lad back okay
                Yes this is me kate
                Hey Kate, no one here has a problem with you. This is a great community here and I had made a joke about being an imposter. Sorry if there was a misread on it. I hope you enjoy the games and have as much fun here as possible.

Comment

Working...
                X