No announcement yet.

How good IS Megaword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two more 2,000+ point games. The second a double record breaker.

[5x5] - 2,050 pts 335 wds

Record game starts at 3:43. Two huge games in a row, the second won out with new all-time records for points and words.
    Last edited by MegaWord; 12-13-2022, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I actually played the same board as you did in one of your other recent posts. Alas, I didn't remember all the words you used and can't type nearly as fast. I think I managed 600, though. Less than one-third of your score, but that just means I have considerable room for improvement.

Comment

Another level reached.

[5x5] - 2,107 pts 338 wds

Comment

Nice! I saw some long words like internationalists.

Comment

Into the 340's on words now.

[5x5] - 2,102 pts 344 wds

Record game starts at 10:08. New record for most words, breaking into the 340's. 360 words would be two words per second, seems like a possibility for me. Th...

superwordie: I do notice some longer words, but some would take me longer to type and be more costly with a mistake. I tend to naturally gravitate to words that I can type faster. If I could type the Q, Z, and X words faster, that would really raise the scoring potential.

Comment

At least I'm 3/4 of MegaWord with my high score hitting 1500. Think I can do better if I don't look at the timer, I seem to panic and always mess up typing during the last minute. I usually hit 900 in the midway mark. Oh well, always admire you MegaWord! Sky's the limit.

Comment

An increase in goodness has occurred.

New record for most points and words for 5x5. Feel like I choked at the end, would've been nice to break 2,200 pts and 350 wds. There is always next time. An...

[5x5] 2,184 pts 346 wds

Comment

Another increase, this time surpassing 350 words, OMG. lol

[5x5] 351 wds 1,985 pts

New record for most words. Getting closer to 360 wds, which seems a good goal, 2 words per second for 180 seconds.

I think I said something about this before but if any one is interested in my way of play. I play in my car on a laptop. Sitting in the drivers seat, there is a pillow behind me supporting my lower back, the laptop rests upon a pillow for elevation of the laptop. And I have a nice blue blanket that I wrap around in front of me and under my arms to further support my body. The back of the screen rests on the steering wheel so it doesn't shake while typing, which is a problem. Seems a strange way, but the body support helps tremendously and allows for prolonged and enjoyable play. And may you have a great day.

Comment

Hold on, just the other day, someone just like that passed me on the freeway. I remember thinking to myself, my goodness, there should be a speed limit for typing! ;-)

Congrats!
                    Last edited by BoggleOtaku; 07-09-2023, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaWord View Post

[5x5] 351 wds 1,985 pts

New record for most words. Getting closer to 360 wds, which seems a good goal, 2 words per second for 180 seconds.

I think I said something about this before but if any one is interested in my way of play. I play in my car on a laptop. Sitting in the drivers seat, there is a pillow behind me supporting my lower back, the laptop rests upon a pillow for elevation of the laptop. And I have a nice blue blanket that I wrap around in front of me and under my arms to further support my body. The back of the screen rests on the steering wheel so it doesn't shake while typing, which is a problem. Seems a strange way, but the body support helps tremendously and allows for prolonged and enjoyable play. And may you have a great day.
                      Why do u play in your car?

Comment

Another layer of mystery in the story of Mega Word. He was sighted in the Himalayas, he was sighted in a Scottish loch and in the Cascade mountains in Oregon. Now he was sighted in a car!

Comment

My car is my home. It shields me from insects, has air conditioning capabilities and provides a cozy personal environment for focus. I even got a new pillow that reads "Home Sweet Home" on it, that's what my laptop is resting on right now.

Comment

[5x5] 351 wds 1,985 pts

And may you have megayears of success.

And great days to match.

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 2.22.20 PM.png

Comment

That made me laugh, thank you.

And I'll go ahead and say I'm surprised at how many points you manage to average with such a high points per word. Your word study has certainly paid off. I haven't been studying words lately, just playing fast.

Comment

That made me laugh, thank you.

And I'll go ahead and say I'm surprised at how many points you manage to average with such a high points per word. Your word study has certainly paid off. I haven't been studying words lately, just playing fast.
                                Thanks. Appreciate the recognition.

Yeah. I've kind of stopped looking for new words too. Other than reviewing notebooks laying around. Don't thnki I've added any words for months. Other than something random from studying something else.

I'll never have your typing skills so I've gone to organizing/chunking known letter patterns and becoming fluent within my personal systemic limitations.

Probably, like you, just trying to set and reach attainable goals. The more challenging the better.

I'm not sure that other players realize that reaching those personal challenges provides the same thrill regardless of level. Wish people who reached 300, 400, 500, whatever points for the first time would just share their excitement and not feel like their achievement is any less satisfying/important than anyone else's.

Just finished this game below. Must be pretty old. But it seems to represent the improvements gained by informed practise. Can't imagine not dumping a game now that was struggling to reach 400 points. Unless 400 points seemed nearly unreachable.

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 3.21.26 PM.png
                                Ps: sure did steal a lot of words from you when I first started. Thanks for the gift of words.

Comment

Working...
                                X