Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great dictionary for study

https://www.litscape.com/words_mammo...ord_lists.html

This is great dictionary I found years back when wordtwist changed its format. I found it again and wanted to share it. It's great for huge words, for instance, use the (words containing sequence) option and try PHYLLO. Now you can see all those weird words with that sequence. The word lengths are unlimited (52 letters actually). Have fun!

Edit: Changed to a better link to the Mammoth uncensored word list with more options such as searching by word length.
    Last edited by MegaWord; 08-05-2020, 12:17 AM.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by suddeneyes View Post
      Thank you!
      You are welcome, along with all other such unspoken gestures! Another nice list on there is (reversed words), I looked over them briefly and noticed ones I could benefit from. Here's some I already use that have been helpful: EDILE(S)-ELIDE(S), NEBEL-LEBEN, (S)TONKER-REKNOT(S), (S)TINKER-REKNIT(S). Some I would like to use, first word is more recognizable to me: DRIER-REIRD, EMONG-GNOME, GELDER-REDLEG, MILKS-SKLIM, FARAD-DARAF.

Comment

This being a digital world, I can't be sure who I am addressing -- but I will play the safe and "standard" game and say "you are a gentleman and a scholar, sir". I feel better about the whole human race when I recall my conversations with you, Fasteddieb, Lalaltan, Spike (and his many avatars), Flops, Scheffek, and the dozen or so others my poor brain can't remember this evening. Today is my 54th wedding anniversary. I wish every one of you as many years with your true love, and please do not ever think that it is too late or that it will never happen.

Comment

Happy Anniversary!! 54 years is awesome...touche! Thank you for your wishes for us too...that is heart melting stuff (like in a good way, not neutronbombish) Love to you and yours, Flops. xxxx

Comment

bwt, that is a wonderful love story. Congratulations!! I married my once-in-a-lifetime love 7 years ago and she has made every day since then special.

Comment

Happy Anniversary! (Depending on when you wrote this, it was also the anniversary dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, so maybe flops was right to make the non-neutronbombish distinction.) Anyway, I wish you many more years together.

Comment

Working...
              X